Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I am just interested in what the consensus would be on this issue after the recent discussion of the topic.

Which would you prefer?

stockwiz

Enlightened
For me it would be a tough call. I'd have to almost see a picture of both done before making a call. Ideally, as a flashoholic, I'd just buy every color anodize that peter made.

For all intents and purposes, it doesn't matter to me as long as the anodize has consistant coloring throughout the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
stockwiz said:
For all intents and purposes, it doesn't matter to me as long as the anondize has consistant coloring throughout the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Easy choice for me.

Black looks classy on flashlights.

The "natural" color to me doesn't look good.

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I find the natural HA3 more distinctive and subtle than black would be. It is unfortunate that this puts Arc into "workmanship of risk" issues with some people. Accordingly, I would understand if Peter switched to black HA3.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The color really does not matter to me much at all. The main thing is that it is HA-III and gives a durable, even finish.
My Arc AAA with a red LED is anodized black, when I get it I can see what the difference is.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Natural and Black are both good choices. I think I lean towards Natural but I would love them the same in either color. Just do not make a pink one. I vote does not matter.

stockwiz

Enlightened
LOL.. I was about to say the same thing.. as long as they aren't pink.

I suspect that the simple fact that we've "been there" and "done that" when it comes to natural anodizing and the Arc LS/Arc4 will lead some to want black simply because they don't have one yet. I do like the natural but also like the black, and for that matter, I love the purple casings on mags too, and I love the shiny silver look on my Electrolumens FT-3C although I realize those two are not type 3 HA... the variety is nice.

If the poll goes pretty much down the middle and it causes Peter less frustration to make them in black, then I say he go for it since people will likely buy them in either case.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Merits for black, goes with everything.
Merits for natural, perfect for outdoorsy types and military.

At one time I would have said black but natural has really grown on me.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
I really don't mind too much and kinda like the look of the natural. If you think about it though, the black tends to be more color consistent which would probably cause Peter a lot fewer headaches. But either is fine with me.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer natural. The problems with materials on the current lights having been identified, I think things will be "back to normal", when they are gone, and would prefer any future lights I might buy in natural HAIII.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
After seeing the Black Type III in person, i really like it over the natural HA.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i said black the first time...people shoulda listened to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MTFD17 said:
After seeing the Black Type III in person, i really like it over the natural HA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I really like my Black HA III SureFire X200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

haley1

Enlightened
One of each please. How about one batch black the next natural and keep alternating. Is it too much of a pain. A quick question if I may, In most of the pics I've seen on ARC and SF sites. The NHAIII lights appeared more of a bronze/greenish color, but all the ones I've ended up with are more of a grey. Luck of the draw or are my eyes seeing things. Just a difference in batchs?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
doesn't matter to me, i guess. i already have a natural Arc LS, so i wouldn't be missing out there.
and black would look great on an Arc LS too, i think.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my Arc AAA, sterile with a red LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif it is done in HAIII black. At first it looked rather odd, my Arc AA is natural but I like it! Now that I finally have an AAA, need to buy a bunch of those little guys.

Keep the AA/AAA natural (except the red for blackout conditions) make the LS in black. I wonder if all the aluminum has been anodized or there is a lot of stock left waiting to be anodized. If there is any aluminum left, make those black. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.