Malkoff        

Thread: Action in the HID Spotlight Section

Default Action in the HID Spotlight Section

As the title says, it's great to see an uptick in HID Spotlight activity in this section. Keep it up!
    This is obviously my favorite section.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Default Re: Action in the HID Spotlight Section

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    As the title says, it's great to see an uptick in HID Spotlight activity in this section. Keep it up!
    This is a pretty exciting genre for me, especially the DIY aspect.... Hope others also chime in. Can't wait to start my build!

Will always have a soft spot for HID.
    I Got tired of looking for the light at the end of the tunnel so i lit that bitch up myself! Convoy s2 365nm, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, Amondotech n30, vss-3A, Reylight Ti Lan v3, Helius Sigma 9, astrolux s41 219, Shadow JM35, BLF GT,

There's just "something" about the power of the 45kW strike and a brilliant flash to life of that beautiful 6000K Laser beam!
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    A lot of the credit goes to you promoting and encouraging others to play with the "big boy toys" of Short Arc.

Flashaholic

As a newbie, I'll second that - in reading posts in the section, BVH has provided an education on the pluses and minuses of the category.

Most appreciated.

Thank you for the kind words! My problem is that I'm guessing that I have collected most of everything out there at one time or another because despite my continual search (and a thread I posted here enlisting additional eyes) I'm not finding anything else that was made in the 250 Watt and higher power Short Arc category. The only one I know of that I can't find is the ORC 2000 Watt light that I think is still used on the C130 Spectre gunship and I'm not 100% certain of that. I just missed one on Ebay maybe 5 years or so ago.

I rarely see HID's now-a-days but whenever I do, they always spark my curiosity.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Fumin_Lumen View Post
    I rarely see HID's now-a-days but whenever I do, they always spark my curiosity.
    I see what you did there...

BVH always there to help...."newbies" and the old guys as well!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    I see what you did there...
    Well, if you get an arc eye, you don't see much at all.
    I've got lux in different area codes.