Best high-CRI 3500~5000K CR123, AA, or 18650 powered EDC these days?

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:
Looking for recommendations.
I seem to have broken most of my pocket lights. Down to just twisties.
I need a replacement or 5 which has at least several levels ranging from 1~5lm to ≥200lm.
My UI preference would be (from best to just ok):
1. adjusting ring, continuously variable from 0~max or with a good number of steps lightly detented w/ rear sw.
2. reverse clicky starting at lowest.
3. tactical w/ memory of last level.
I *hate* 2700K (even if high-CRI) and 6500K, and maybe just won't buy anything unless we've gotten to the point where there aren't green tints on Wednesdays and purples on Fridays.
I'd prefer to avoid the custom maker route if something good off the shelf is avail., but I won't rule it out.
Thanks for input!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are willing to step up to AAs, the Nitecore MT06MD is a high CRI penlight with a four lumen low and a 180 lumen high, with a 45 lumen medium in between. its CCT is 5000K. Really a nice light.
If you want to stay with AAAs, Lumintop has several nice AAA lights that are available with the Nichia 219 LED for high CRI, all at very reasonable prices.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
As addition to archimedes comment.

There was the legendaty last groupbuy with 2700K, 3000K, 3500K and 4000K HDS lights. Sometimes there is a light from this group buy for sale.

Here a compare of all 219C colors - 2700K to 5700K (and a few more that have different LEDs):
UUvg6hU.jpg

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hds or Zebralight both have some great tint options, I'd be leaning towards HDS if the budget permitted

If Malkoff had a lower low for there two or three more lights, that would also be a great choice

Last edited: