Prometheus Writes and torches

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So this just came in yesterday. I backed this Kickstarter several months ago.

G8eYyH.jpg

svoQ5d.jpg

In the last couple months, thanks to Jason's offering, I've been getting into fountain pens a bit more. I've an artistic background, so technical pens/ pencils have been a big part of my life for many years.
Even though I have limited experience, the Peter Bock nib on this (fine point) is so buttery smooth it makes me smile! I've spent some time polishing a couple of the FP nibs that I own, starting with 4,000 grit up to 8,000 grit. Out of the box, this one beats my best efforts.

I am quite happy with this, and the unique body design is just a pleasure to hold

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had nice enough hand writing to justify getting into custom pens and fountain pens. Dang keyboards and computers.

nbp

Flashaholic
I wish I had nice enough hand writing to justify getting into custom pens and fountain pens. Dang keyboards and computers.

I hear that! I'm not much into fountain pens but I love my Alpha pen from Jason with the MontBlanc Fineliner refills. It's really lovely to write with even if no one else can read it. [emoji6]

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful picture! Both look amazing, the bamboo style looks really cool, and that 18350 light is on my wishlist.

I have the Alpha pen, I used to use it often when I was in school. I loved to take it apart and put it back together- the threads are so smooth! The fineliner is so smooth. Unfortunately, everything I write with now is either on a computer or in a setting with too many germs floating around so it doesn't get too much use.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered one of these but in electroless nickel. Awesome picture btw
Im very excited to try one of these out. Just don't seem to write as much as I used to though.

Last edited:

eggman

Newly Enlightened
A nice pen for sure. I find that I write with mechanical pencils more often, but a nice smooth ballpoint or rollerball is great

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too fly a computer for my day job, but do write a decent amount each day. I try to use it as a time to better my handwriting.

It's a bit sad, actually. I have an architectural draftsman's background (hence my username), and my handwriting used to be awesome. Just getting back into it seriously, and I find that I've forgotten how to write some letters in cursive.

Skills are perishable folks!
zO2BS1.jpg

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Winter Blues getting You down?
Check out the special run of Alpha Pen EN with Blue Anodized clip on Massdrop!
Order before the 31st and get ~19% discount. These are scheduled to ship Feb 22nd​.