What DOES the ready for service option do for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it but what would happen if I toggled it off? What function does it serve?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it lets you know when you insert the battery correctly or not, and if you insert a weak battery it will let you know. I think that's about it for what it does. I think that in some other posts it was causing some funny effects when left in the cold also.
Hope this helps.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What DOES the ready for service option do for

Funny effects from freezing? Did you ask Mr. Science about this? He's the expert on freezing Arc's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I turned ready for service off, as I couldn't determine a good reason for it. Plus it was annoying to watch everytime I twisted the battery tube down (from being "locked out") before use.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What DOES the ready for service option do for

nothing...so i turned it off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if your light boots up with the LED faintly glowing, then the battery went in the right way. once its done booting up, turn it on and put it to boost mode. if it goes to level 1 without stepping down, your battery is fine. you can do all of that faster than the RFS sequence takes to finish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.