Need A Workhorse Of A Light Similar To The Fenix TK11 That Broke

Climb14er

Enlightened
One of my earliest lights that use an 18650 is a TK11 that has been absolutely A-OK for a light that I can work on cars with, or use around the house, that can withstand abuse and actually take whatever I've thrown at it. The tail clicky switch died and when I spoke to Fenix about getting a replacement tail switch, they told me they've got a few in 'the back room' and would send me one as a fix for the light. Bottom line... I never received the tail switch or a follow up call and frankly, I'm going to have to toss the light. Anyway, what light would you recommend as a 'thrower' that is built very well, close to 1000 lumens, multiple light settings, and is 'fairly compact' and can hold a charge for 'some time' and simply be a good around the house, truck light that is 'reasonably' priced? My Zebralights, 600, 52 and 62 are my EDC and pocket lights. I need a 'robust' 'work' light that THROWS. Thanks!

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Want a workhorse, think malkoff. I'm sure others will say similar. Perhaps an m61t md2. Its about 500 lumes on high and I think 18 on low with a twist of the head(if you get the high low ring which you should). There's also the m61hot which is brighter on high and lower on low. You can beat these things like a rented mule and they wont care. If the clicky dies its a basic mclicky and can be replaced in the tailcap. And if for some reason it actually has a problem malkoff stands squarely behind thier products.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep get yourself a Malkoff. Probably MD2 with either the M61T or M61 HOT. they aren't 1000 lumens more like 500 plus but believe me it's a lot and they are tanks you won't brake it trust me.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I dunno.. a BLF Q8, with ramping output would make a heckuva work light... Could be barely lit, could fill a room, or flood a park and punch out fairly far just on brute output...
Also, I figure at some point, someone will pop in with a switch fix.... Can't be That hard to source..

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
Unless you are strictly looking for a forward clicky light the Jaxman M8 is clearly superior to the Fenix TK11 in lux, beam profile, tint, and price. There are options on the Jaxman Aliexpress store to stay away from the bluish tint of the TK11, and the U.I. can also be customized. The Jaxman M8 is likely my most favorite general purpose smooth reflector flashlight I have ever purchased, and it also is a clear representation of what I value the most in a flashlight which is beam geometry, and reliability.

Last edited: