Just got in... BLF GT70

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
Oh man, this thing is a BEAST! I've seen pics and vids of it, but it really is something to hold in person. The head alone is larger than my pop-can AceBeam X80. Some preliminary use shows a really nice visible beam with huge bright throw, and a nice spill around. I just joined a small hiking group that does a lot of short evening hikes, and this I think is just the ticket to "break the ice" and illuminate points of interest. Hope to get some pics soon in-action, but so far really happy.

By the way, packing was very protective, shipping fast from around the world, and the overall build quality looks really good. I think if I have one early gripe it's that the strap loop at the head end does not rotate like the loop at the end cap - but I'm sure I could find something to remedy that. Other than that, I'm stoked!

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I sent my board out to be de-domed... I just had the GT out alongside the DD GT70...wow, that's all I can say... Well worth the upgrade.

louieatienza

Newly Enlightened
I sent my board out to be de-domed... I just had the GT out alongside the DD GT70...wow, that's all I can say... Well worth the upgrade.

Awesome! I've seen vids of de-doming being done but apprehensive of potentially bricking my LED. Been happy so far so I'll run it as-is for now. But of course, in the name of getting more performance, the idea interests me...

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Awesome! I've seen vids of de-doming being done but apprehensive of potentially bricking my LED. Been happy so far so I'll run it as-is for now. But of course, in the name of getting more performance, the idea interests me...

That's why I paid someone... Unscrewing the head (the head is actually two pieces) was the tricky part. Un-soldered the copper slug and sent it off.. Too hard for me to compare the GT70 dome vs De-dome... But the DD GT70 next to the GT I had before? bahahaha. The GT was a beast.. Now? it's the GT70's B****h