[REVIEW] Xtar D06

nickdano

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,today i'm going to show you the Xtar D06 1600 Lumen, sent to me byXtar, which I thank for the trust granted to me, specifically for thereview

CpEP0JJ.jpg

Here some useful links;

The official page of the flashlight: http://www.xtar.cc/products_detail/productId=194.html
The Xtar site: http://www.xtar.cc/
The Xtar facebook page: https://it-it.facebook.com/ShenzhenXTAR/

As usual, I remember that my reviewsare made with common and non-professional tools, so the test outputsmay be different from those of the parent company; furthermore, myreviews contain my humble opinions.

PACKAGING
The torch comes in a nice box of thickcard stock and durable, coloured in white and blue, with a magneticclosure. On the box we find the photos of the torch, its data and itscharacteristics

Inside we find a flashlight in aspecial base of rigid foam moulded, while inside a casing of bluecard we find the 18650 battery Xtar 3500 mAh, the lanyard, thereplacement orings, a magnetic switch for replacement, charger XtarFRONT-mc1 Plus and the cable charging.

bXuhqHA.jpg

WNiddwC.jpg

3mxFHbs.jpg

rTexpEX.jpg

tFdC3wl.jpg

tjsJO5h.jpg

WEIGHT AND SIZE

The dimensions of the torch are neithersmall nor too large, they are just ideal to be used under water; thesize gives a sense of strength and allow a good grip on the torch.

Its weight is 187 grams, without abattery, and 236 gr with the battery. Its weight, obviously, it willbe virtually non-existent in the aquatic environment.

095WPwl.jpg

XB8bxE8.jpg

To follow some comparisons anddimensions, as other torches I owe with the objects of common use,and with my hand:

hQHc2RX.jpg

ZZWhwEr.jpg

nc2GiAb.jpg

YFKeuvO.jpg

NBAkTH8.jpg

YpkfeDH.jpg

x0NIc6G.jpg

WSPP6mM.jpg

THE TORCH

The torch has a plainbezel and often it sticks out of some mm above the lens to protect itfrom possible bumps against objects.

cQEKris.jpg

0nIZB3Z.jpg

zFtaIUw.jpg

Under to the lens,perfectly centered at the base of the smooth parable, we find the ledXHP35 HI D4
(the head of the torch is smooth, contrarily to theother normal linear torches, because being studied for the underwateruse. It doesn't need grooves or fins to dissipate the heat; the wateris useful enough to cool it.

91ejTyM.jpg

The head is smooth, if notfor a band of rubbery material of Blue / Blue color with the logoXtar engraved above

cQEKris.jpg

AWcaFZj.jpg

To the of under, the head tightens himand has a pair of enough deep grooves and, immediately to follow, asmooth zone with a protuberance that entertains the center of themagnetic interrupter

i6sBPfT.jpg

WPGjJhO.jpg

CNniGNI.jpg

JL7YYsh.jpg

hCFirfO.jpg

UH1vUSC.jpg

S0iDfhZ.jpg

JgQ4eGY.jpg

reIUaAQ.jpg

OBJECTS

As previously mentioned, these objectscome together with the torch: 3500 mAh 18650 Xtar battery, theAnt-Mc1 Plus charger, the charging cable, the lanyard, thereplacement oring and the replacement switch.

BATTERY CHARGER

The Ant-mc1 Plus is an excellentsingle-slot charger branded Xtar; the body is in black plasticmaterial, recharging at an amperage of 1 A and 500 mAh, it has asmall display that shows the recharging status of the battery and theamperage.
The slot has a "rail" wherethe metal tongue (which goes to make contact with the negative poleof the battery) can flow and, thanks to a spring, remains perfectlyadherent to the battery.
This charger is powered by a micro USBsocket.

34BC2nM.jpg

NihKdQe.jpg

i6HLNzT.jpg

ON9d6el.jpg

THE CHARGIN CABLE

The cable is classic, on one end thereis a USB, while the other has a microUSB.
The material is rubbery, black, on thejacks there is the Xtar logo and there is also a thicker, moreresistant and rigid rubber; which serves to protect the conductivewires inside the cable from breakage.

tAfFMfT.jpg

cgkB6Y9.jpg

YMnhxtR.jpg

LANYARD
The lanyard is, in my opinion, welldone and studied; it is made up of synthetic snare, which is coveredfor about half its length by a layer of non-slip rubber material andoffers grip which is essential during underwater use.
You can adapt it to the wrist, thanksto a button at the frequencies and fields pressure.

mFBEPT6.jpg

eFa4fue.jpg

lTxWd40.jpg

THE BATTERY

The battery is a classic 18650 Li-ionprotected, 3500 mAh branded Xtar.
The positive pole is protruding. Itsweight is 48 grams.

To follow some pictures of the battery

Csyq4bL.jpg

Xp5UZut.jpg

hT29FlV.jpg

SKopg3z.jpg

WfskjZy.jpg

THE REPLACEMENT SWITCH
With the battery also comes areplacement switch, metal black and a magnet coated in a rubberymaterial.

omUoAWp.jpg

b68Nq78.jpg

NwRZNpH.jpg

UI

The UI of this flashlight is simple,just slide the switch toward the head to turn the flashlight on; toturn it off just take it toward the tailcap.
The more you push the magnetic switchtoward the head, and the more you will increase the light intensity;the lowest level (the one that presents itself as soon as you pushthe switch) is 10 lumens, while if you bring it up to the bottom ofits seat (towards the head) you will reach the maximum level of 1600Lumens.

Here you are data table:

92TU3jm.jpg

DATA AND GRAPHS

To follow, the graphs of Lux, Lumen andRuntime:

g9VA17g.jpg

hPWGVyn.jpg

The graphs of Lux and Lumen are true onthe ground but the illumination distance will be much lower in thefield of underwater. Moreover, the visibility in the underwaterenvironment will depend heavily on the clarity of the water,especially if present the earth or the seabed suspended.

dELzwAV.jpg

The graph of the Runtime has beencarried out with the battery 18650 Xtar by 3500 mAh battery thatcomes along with the torch, and the torch was placed inside acontainer full of water (as the torch is underwater).

BEAM AND TINT

The big and smooth parable along withthe led XHP35 HI D4, by the beam essentially Throw , with a brightand well-focused spot, surrounded by a crown, which fades into thespill. The spill is instead wide enough to be a thrower, in fact itstarts at about 1.5 meters from the feet of the user (holding thetorch parallel to the ground at a height of about 1 mt), and isbeautifully bright.

Here some photos of the beam about 20cm from the wall, and its opening

MRygrZP.jpg

hPPx9Aa.jpg

The colour is coolwhite which is veryclose to neutral, a nice bright white without dominants

Following the photos of the beam at 10meters from the wall, in the minimum and maximum level

pNxwmm3.jpg

b1Vg1gS.jpg

Here at 25 m from the wall

lzPIT21.jpg

0VG1WGS.jpg

Here instead 60 meters from the moundof earth

NIXuMdp.jpg

PERSONAL OPINIONS

I state that I am not a diver and thattherefore I could not fully try and use for the real purpose forwhich this Xtar D06 was created, but I can say that, as I could useit, it is an excellent torch.

The materials, the quality, theworkmanship and all the study behind it, make it definitely a goodflashlight.

The size and weight, are excellent forunderwater use (but this is just my humble opinion as I didn't havethe opportunity to try it in the submarine environment). The diameteris bigger than the common torches and gives a sense of solidity and agreater grip which is essential in a underwater environment.

The D06 in this 1600 Lumen version, isa great Thrower, which I find it great in underwater environment,because thanks to the centered and bright spot, its possible toilluminate the environment at a greater distance; perhaps managing toovercome the problem caused by unclear water (in comparison withflood flashlights)

The magnetic button is an excellentsolution for aquatic use, as it does not represent a point from whichcould enter the water, thus making the torch perfectly airtight.

Xtar has a great experience in divingtorches and this flashlight is a clear example of it. The filletsthat arrive perfectly fattened, the thick and large oring and thefact that the torch can be opened in only one point, make it in myopinion an ideal torch for those who need a source of illuminationfor its underwater activities (both at an amateur level and at anhunting level, especially if fishing is allowed at night), or maybejust for the desire to explore areas or wrecks whenever the waterdoes not allow sufficient illumination even during the day.

In addition, the D06 comes with anexcellent high quality kit: a well studied Lanyard, battery, chargingcable, charger, oring and replacement button.

In short, there is little to say, theXtar quality is seen all in this 1600 Lumen D06, a torch without ashadow of a doubt designed to perfection and excellent workmanship.

The advice to anyone who practiceswater sports and who wants to start to approach this kind ofadventure :)

Following some photos of the D06 on theshores of Garda Lake:

jFEoMX1.jpg

mWY5heo.jpg

6aiGTPy.jpg

l9jdNvT.jpg

PROS

- Dimensions and Weight suitable forunderwater use
- High brightness
- Excellent workmanship
-High resistence
- Double Body
-High quality
- concentrated beam and designed forunderwater use (also excellent in terrestrial environment)
- Lanyard of excellent workmanship anddesigned for use in water
- High quality objects that make it acomplete flashlight to use

CONS

For what I could use the torch, notbeing a diver, I have nothing to detect

GWufT91.jpg

Here some useful links;

The official page of the flashlight: http://www.xtar.cc/products_detail/productId=194.html
The Xtar site: http://www.xtar.cc/
The Xtar facebook page: https://it-it.facebook.com/ShenzhenXTAR/

As always, I thank all those who willlose a few minutes to read my review, in particular I thank Xtar forthe confidence and the opportunity granted me to review the D06 inthe 1600 Lumen version.

Obviously, comments, advice andcriticism are welcome :)

Greetings to all and see you nextreview :)