FourSevens        

Thread: December DC1 Drop

Default December DC1 Drop

Hey everyone, this is the contents of an email that just went out to our mailing list. If you've got questions, please ask!

On December 7th, our flagship model the DC1 will be available on
    okluma.com. The exact time will be announced next week. We will do our best to ship all orders immediately, so you can expect it to arrive in plenty of time for Christmas.

We've continued to refine the DC1 and it's better than ever. All of our lights will come with your choice of anodized or plain titanium screws. Sapphire lenses now come standard on all of our flashlights including the aluminum model. We have also had our own rubber switch covers made. They are not decorative or ornate, only slightly more firm which makes mode changes more predictable, and everyone loves predictability. Brass and copper lights will have our new tumbled matte sparkle finish.

While this isn't new, a number of people we have talked with are unfamiliar with the Okluma warranty. If you own one of our flashlights and it ever stops working for any reason, we will fix it for free. It doesn't matter what happened, and we're not going to ask. If you need a flashlight while we are repairing yours, please ask and we will send you one to use in the meantime. Please send all support or warranty questions to support@okluma.com.

Most importantly, if you're ever near Oklahoma City please stop by our shop for a visit.

Default Re: December DC1 Drop

wow looking great as usual!

Hi,

I am very interested in picking up one of your lights. I signed up here for the sole purpose of purchasing a high end edc light. I am looking to purchase an aluminum dc1 if i am lucky enough to get one in the drop. I am wondering if they come with any options or choices to make at the time of purchase. I am not educated on flashlights at all and i am hoping to research any choices in advance so i can be as ready as possible for the upcoming sale. I carry a small light every day and i am looking to upgrade to a high end model. Its not my intention to grow a collection but to aquire one light that will last a lifetime. From the limited research i have done it seems your warranty is the best around. I am open to suggestions from anyone who will take the time to respond. Thanks.

I will try to reply (He is a busy guy ), but please bear if I don't answer it accurately. I have past experiences with purchasing from Okluma, all good and I can vouch for this! AFAIK the options you can do are... choices of color of the screws (newly offered), color of the glow gaskets (newly offered), upgrade the carclo optic into a drilled one to accommodate tritium vials. And the lens is now a sapphire as standard on the Aluminum version (formerly mineral glass). You can also upgrade the light engine into a programmable one (depending on availability) to H17F or CWF Dragon. The tint variant can also be made via special request (again, depending on availability). Having said that, you are most likely be set and good to go with the default options. Good luck!
    Last edited by xdayv; 12-03-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    I will try to reply (He is a busy guy ), but please bear if I don't asnwer it accurately. I have past experiences with purchasing from Okluma, all good and I can vouch for this! AFAIK the options you can do are... choices of color of the screws (newly offered), color of the glow gaskets (newly offered), upgrade the carclo optics into a drilled one to accommodate tritium vials. And the lens is now a sapphire as standard on the Aluminum version (formerly mineral glass). You can also upgrade the light engine into a programmable one (depending on availability) to H17F or CWF Dragon. The tint variant can also be made via special request (again, depending on availability). Having said that, you are most likely be set and good to go with the default options. Good luck!
    Thanks for the response. I think your right about sticking to the basic offering. Unless a compelling argument is made to upgrade anything ill likely leave well enough alone.

Stang Bladeworks- PM incoming to you after another post or two here.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Bladeworks View Post
    Thanks for the response. I think your right about sticking to the basic offering. Unless a compelling argument is made to upgrade anything ill likely leave well enough alone.
    Hey, I'm sorry I didn't get back with you earlier. I'll send you a message.

Are the Ti DC1's the same finish as the last batch of DC2's?

Beautiful work, heard nothing but great things about okluma. Hope to add one of these to my family next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter354 View Post
    similar question... looks like the finish is darker or treated?

I ordered a dc1 in aluminum with all standard specs as per the recommendations i recieved. Im sure the flashlight will be awesome. Hopefully its the last one i ever need to buy (i really dont need any more hobbies). I just wanted to say how impressed i have been with the customer service so far. I was contacted on instagram and told to ask any questions i had. Every reply has been prompt. Its obvious that this business is ran by someone who cares about their customers and the quality of the product. The way the warrenty is written really takes the sting out of the purchase price (which seems very reasonable compared to similar offerings). I just wanted to provide a perspective from someone who is not as into flashlights as the majority of the people here. Seems like a great company. I cant wait to recieve the light. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Bladeworks View Post
    Im sure the flashlight will be awesome. Hopefully its the last one i ever need to buy (i really dont need any more hobbies).
    Indeed, it will be awesome! Jeffís work is top tier in my opinion, and I have tried a lot of high end lights. But if you are into cool gear and EDC, you will likely find that just one flashlight, no matter how great, doesnít quite do it... hehehe

Welcome!

Flashaholic

Buttrock Re: December DC1 Drop

Fantastic Quality. I bought 2 Ti DC1s on this run, and I already have a Ti blasted green DC1 and a Ti DC2. One of the new DC1s will be a Christmas Present to my brother. All have N219c LEDs. These are great lights ! The finish is fantastic. You won't find better quality or a more honest vendor.

Note1: Before the DC1 became by daily carry, I carried a Mac Ti Tri-EDC for 10 years. I like the DC1 better because it balances better with a copper light engine. The Mac Ti Tri-EDC only balances good with an aluminum light engine.

Note2: I also like how the DC1 pocket clip works better with a lanyard vs. other Tri-EDCs.

Note3: If you order the drilled optic, you can add trits. I have added 3 green trits to all 4 of mine. Excellent for the night.

BTW, I also have an extra Okluma copper engine, with an H17F engine and I had Vinh change the LEDs to the new white1 flat LEDs. These LEDs give you a lot more hot spot intensity and a lot more throw with the DC1 , but, I do not like the 6000K tint... So, I stick with the N219C which lights up the whole back yard. For batteries, I really like the purple Vapcell 18350 1100mah for the DC1. It will pump out an honest 10a.
    Last edited by hjdca; 12-09-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter354 View Post
    Yes, same as the DC2.

Default December DC1 Drop

I picked up a Ti DC2 from a member. Fantastic light! Machining and fitment is top notch! So much so that I ordered an AL and Ti DC1 from this run!

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the DC1 ti currently available on the website. I just want to know more of the juicy details of the driver. I haven't been on here in a while so I'm not up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Robone View Post
    I'm ready to pull the trigger on the DC1 ti currently available on the website. I just want to know more of the juicy details of the driver. I haven't been on here in a while so I'm not up to date.
    Default driver is ML-L-M-H with memory. You can however upgrade to H17F or CWF Dragon driver at additional cost.

Good luck!

Thanks. So this is a custom driver? What is the drive current for each level or rough lumen output for each level? I'm wondering what's changed from the original settings and driver as posted at the beginning of the original TinyDc thread.
    Last edited by Robone; 01-22-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robone View Post
    Thanks. So this is a custom driver? What is the drive current for each level or rough lumen output for each level? I'm wondering what's changed from the original settings and driver as posted at the beginning of the original TinyDc thread.
    In the original thread, when we started back in 2015, we were using the 105c with JonnyC's firmware. Now we're using a modified FET+1 from mountain. I don't have exact levels, but I'm pretty happy with the mode spacing, and you can expect about 1000-1100 lumens on high with a good cell.

Quote Originally Posted by okluma View Post
    In the original thread, when we started back in 2015, we were using the 105c with JonnyC's firmware. Now we're using a modified FET+1 from mountain. I don't have exact levels, but I'm pretty happy with the mode spacing, and you can expect about 1000-1100 lumens on high with a good cell.
    Thanks, and I've been following since then. Im the guy that reached out to you on IG yesterday/today and ordered. I noted what I wanted so hopefully that's possible with the standard driver. If not then I don't mind upgrading. Order #3836

Does anyone know the o-ring size for the o-ring that goes on the body of the dc1? and lens as well? I canít find this info anywhere.

could be 019 on the body. I think the lens is a Gasket. contact Jeff direct at Okluma is safest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rstype View Post
    Does anyone know the o-ring size for the o-ring that goes on the body of the dc1? and lens as well? I canít find this info anywhere.
    Malkoff Devices MD2 M61T, JetE17A Red AAA.