Fenix TKue 2018 edition vs ThruNite mini tn30

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
So guys I've recently ordered 5 lights, one of them included the ThruNite 2016 mini tn30... I have the Tk35 UE with "1800" lumens... anyways back to the tk35ue, I was wondering if I had just ordered that mini tn30, should I get the newest tk35 "3200" lumens? I was going to get it on cyber Monday, but I had no service for hours and missed the sale on Black Friday and unfortunately on cyber Monday too. So... is it worth it to pay for the new tk35ue 2018 which is $129 minus my 20% coupon, when I already have the mini tn30 coming in the mail? I know each has around the same throw, with the tn30 being a bit more bright. Any opinions on what you guys would do?

mcfarlie6996

Newly Enlightened
Even though the TN30 is 460 lumens brighter, you'll hardly be able to tell a difference. The only slight advantage of the TK35UE is that it's slightly slimmer (but it is longer due to the tail-switch). But otherwise the output, beam profile and throw are going to be nearly identical in every aspect (educated guess). The TN30 will excel in runtime and will be able to run brighter longer since it has more mass to help dissipate the heat. Overall, the TK35UE will be a slight downgrade and should only be an interest if a tail-switch is a huge must. Lastly, the TN30 is available in a Neutral White tint which is a big win for me over the Cool White of the TK35UE.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Thanks McFarlie, I was doing some thinking I'm going to pass on that newer tk35 for now, like you were saying they'll be almost the same with throw and flood being almost the same it's not worth wasting the rest of my budget on a light that Will have the same features almost, as the one I already got. I'll save the money for when a newer light comes out.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Got my mini tn30 in the mail. Good thing I waited to get that before ordering the new TK35, id imagine it to almost be identical.