Folomov 18650s: opinions?

muldoon1987

Newly Enlightened
Hey, can anyone give their opinion on the folomov 18650s? I've seen it a few places online but I'm just now getting into flashlights (my knife collecting has stalled out, lol) and would appreciate info from folks that have used these. Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, can anyone give their opinion on the folomov 18650s? I've seen it a few places online but I'm just now getting into flashlights (my knife collecting has stalled out, lol) and would appreciate info from folks that have used these. Thanks!

I just visited their site and I can't read where the cell is sourced from, but let's just assume that their standard jobbie is a Panasonic NRC-18650-B 3400mAh cell.

You can find those with protection circuits (PCBs) and button tops all over the place, from reputable vendors. It's a good cell up to 5A and at $7 per protected cell with button top, probably a reasonable price.

I don't know what price you're seeing them at, but there are better cells out there, like the Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA with PCB and BTs added for around $7-$8, to force me to look for those.

Chris

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the Folomov 18650S flashlight for 5 days and I really like the mode spacing and the compact size and the clip is very good.

I don't like the user interface (UI).

I'm searching for a light of similar size and mode spacing, but a different UI.

cactus man

Newly Enlightened
I have this flashlight I did not care for a 2600MAH battery so I popped in a Fenix 18650 3500MAH protected battery.
All is just fine and for charging, I use the Xtar VP-2 charger.

Yes the Fenix battery is more expensive than others out there but I have Fenix flashlights
and they stand behind their products...So I'll pay a bit more, and yeah it's likely a re-wrap of sanyo
or Panasonic or other top drawer brands of cells!

The Fenix battery fits in all of my flashlights while many of the other brands often do not.

Cactus Man