NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SureFire A2 Aviator warranty still valid?

Default Re: SureFire A2 Aviator warranty still valid?

I’d gladly rob the guts out of my A2 to put in a black host.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Black A2 or the EDCL2-T?

Black A2 all day long baby.....

Fingers crossed for good news.
    John 3:16

With so few A2-BK's out there (compared to the standard HA-Nat), speaking as a classic SF collector I hope something can be worked out. Please keep us posted,

I don't think I will be able to get it back now as it was either have it returned broken or no replacement. As A2's are borderline impossible to get in the UK I would not be able to fix it easily either. Anyway, will give me a chance to break open my new reserve A2 (also a black one) and this is as good as a time as any to use it - otherwise it is just malingering in its box isn't it?

Flashaholic

I don't consider it a wise move to open a new A2 in Black and "Use" it. What you have is a very rare and highly collectable piece.

Used A2's pop up on the marketplace here all the time. If you want an A2 for actual usage, personally, I would sell the Black A2, and buy 3 other Aviators with the funds.

You may want to consider searching around for other lots/sales where these Black A2's have been sold to get an idea on current value.

I'm aware the dual-stage tailcap is A2's weakest link, and that I've helped a friend ask SF for a replacement, which was honored. But that was some 8 months ago.

Just acquired a used mint A2 weeks ago and would like to have a spare tailcap handy, just in case. Can I still contact SF, explain the situation, and ask for a spare replacement?

Flashaholic*

No way I would let Surefire keep an old black square body A2 for a new replacement light! Have them send you the old light back.
    ampdude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12