Looking for a commission on a simple custom 14500 build

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
Ive been hunting for my ideal light as of late and have repeatedly been running into nothing but dead ends.

Im looking for something that meets the following criteria:

• 14500 powered
  • Fet+1 or better with timed stepdown or thermal regulation (~5 mode with a low moon)
  • XP-L HI or 219C 4000k
  • Simple OP reflector
  • 19mm or less bezel
  • Body narrower if possible
  • Simple knurling
  • Tail reverse clicky or twisty if necessary
  • Deep carry clip bezel down

I dont really know who would even take on something like this, but would appreciate if anyone who would be interested in facilitating would either comment or shoot me a pm.

nbp

Flashaholic
Adventure Sport/Vesture of Blood? That's not too far off of his brass edc (which is awesome btw) and with guppydrv you can pick from a variety of mode sequences.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What material you looking for?

I could make a twisty with those physical specs, but would need to look at the driver I have and are available...

If looking for an existing light to mod, Sounds like a modded Peak El Cap with a clip would fit your needs.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
This is another custom (prototype) torch that meets most of the criteria above ...

XVKEiW8.jpg

Spyglass, by @calipsoii

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
What material you looking for?

I could make a twisty with those physical specs, but would need to look at the driver I have and are available...

If looking for an existing light to mod, Sounds like a modded Peak El Cap with a clip would fit your needs.

PMed

This is another custom (prototype) torch that meets most of the criteria above ...

XVKEiW8.jpg

Spyglass, by @calipsoii

Thats about what im looking for if the size is right.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have yo looked at the Reylight LAN or Pineapple? They seem to meet all of your criteria straight from the factory, except possibly the driver. I'm not sure if it uses a fet but it does a claimed 470lm on 14500. It might also be possible to do a driver swap.

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
Have yo looked at the Reylight LAN or Pineapple? They seem to meet all of your criteria straight from the factory, except possibly the driver. I'm not sure if it uses a fet but it does a claimed 470lm on 14500. It might also be possible to do a driver swap.

The Pineapple is one of the closest out of the box lights ive found. No sort of stepdown on high isnt very desirable though. Zeroair temped his hitting 70C on a runtime test.