FourSevens        

Thread: spotlight for 8 acrs

Unenlightened

Default spotlight for 8 acrs

Hi , I am brand new to this forum and in fact I know nothing about spotlights so please forgive my ignorance to ALL ASPECTS OF LIGHTING, POWER AND RANGE.

I live in a rural area on 8 acres that is shaped like a football field.

Our home is basically on the back 3 acres.

I can see my entire property from our patio roof as well as 2 other high locations on the property.

Ideally I need/want a spotlight that can be focused up to at least 5-6 acres. It has to also be portable so that I can walk with it, take it in my truck and carry to my roof if needed.

I have no clue on cost or where to start so I kindly will take any advice, knowledge and recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your kind help in this matter & in the meantime I will be sifting through this forum to glean what I can from a subject that is way beyond my knowledge! I'm so glad this forum was recommended to me.

Default Re: spotlight for 8 acrs

My parents 5 acre property measured 660' x 330' so I'm guessing you want to be able to light up a target up to about 700' in front of your house by about 400' wide, 200' each side of centerline. Would that be correct?
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    My parents 5 acre property measured 660' x 330' so I'm guessing you want to be able to light up a target up to about 700' in front of your house by about 400' wide, 200' each side of centerline. Would that be correct?

Well I would not go so far as to say "target" but that sounds right..sure

Flashaholic*

Go in here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...0-Vinhnguyen54

You can check out the BLF GTvn. If that doesn't work for you, you can email Vinh from SkyLumen and ask for his recommendation. He's the guy to go to when you need throws and boost.

acebeam, x80

I would say that any light you look at the claims more than 700m range per F1 testing should meet your needs.
    Remember, Two is One, and One is None!.

If you use Ryobi or Dewalt cordless tools they both offer a LED spotlight that uses same batteries as their other tools. A battery that can be quickly changed along with access to a battery that is most likely always charged.