ArmyTek        

Thread: More love for the Fenix E15?!?

Default More love for the Fenix E15?!?

I havenít seen a lot of discussion on this forum regarding the Fenix E15, which I consider to be an outstanding everyday light, and by far my favorite light (as far as size, practicality, usefulness, output,etc.) It surprises me, because after using it for 2 years, I can clearly state itís an incredible light. Why arenít there more fans on this forum do you think?

I donít have a lot of high end lights (nothing over $70), but I certainly look, read, and research. The only light I really would want would be the Thrunite TN40S. It seems to have the best of everything regarding output, but I canít justify it since itís too big to ever really have a need for it in my situation.

If anyone has an E15 and loves it (or doesnít) or can contribute as to why itís not a highly loved light (as I think it should,) please post. By the way, I paid $30 for the light, a cr123, a Fenix 16340, and an intellicharger (I think.) I liked it so much that when the deal came back I bought another. I truly enjoy flashlights, but this flashlight seems to cover all of my needs. I suppose any other light would be a want. To me, this light is That good!

Unenlightened

Default Re: More love for the Fenix E15?!?

Bird09, as you have state the most important thing is your Fenix E15 covers all your needs and you are satisfied with it enough to buy another.

I am new to CLF and I suspect there are not as much postings/discussion on the Fenix E15 because of its size. I am shopping for similar small-form factor CR123-powered EDC LED and do not find too many reviews for this form factor (when compared to say 3 inch and longer LED lights). I realized the limitations of running such lights on highest brightness from their form factor. I plan on almost exclusively using the <20 lumen modes. So thank you Bird09 for making me aware of the Fenix E15 (and newest model appears to be E16).

Also having been on CLF for past few weeks, I see more discussion on lights that are cost more (similar observation I see for other enthusiast forum); nothing wrong with this.

I would be curious what are long standing members of CLF opinions.
    Last edited by mdmvrockford; 12-07-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: grammar & spelling corrections

Flashaholic

I have E15 but never really liked it. I am not a fan of twistie. The tint is quite green. And I don't like the very large spot, which is maybe a plus for some. I do not like Olight S1 either because of the similar beam.
    Anyway, it is great that you like your light, which is the only thing that counts. Have fun!

I have an older model and itís the best key chain light I have had.i need to get another one however as I messed the threads up and doesnít work as intended. But ya the beam and throw is great.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by cp2315 View Post
    I have E15 but never really liked it. I am not a fan of twistie. The tint is quite green. And I don't like the very large spot, which is maybe a plus for some. I do not like Olight S1 either because of the similar beam.
    Anyway, it is great that you like your light, which is the only thing that counts. Have fun!
    I see, all good reasons based on personal preference. I guess Iím unique in liking the twisty. Iím no pro at analyzing tint, but for the most part they look good to my eyes. Iím indifferent about the spot, seems like itís partial flood and partial throw, which to me is good. Yep, itís definitely my thing!

thermal guy- You might want to try the 2016 version. It really does seem to have it all, given its size and price tag.

The E15 is my favorite EDC light. Better than the newer E16 that overheats and flickers on turbo. The beam profile on the E15 is also very nice...the 450 lumens are put to good use here. I'm also a fan of the twisty.

I don't like buttons on my keychain lights. Just one more this that can go wrong
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Driver View Post
    The E15 is my favorite EDC light. Better than the newer E16 that overheats and flickers on turbo. The beam profile on the E15 is also very nice...the 450 lumens are put to good use here. I'm also a fan of the twisty.
    Iím glad to see someone likeminded with regards to this EDC light. It really does put out a lot of light. It just happens to be minuscule. I prefer twistys for small lights. I looked at Fenixís offerings recently and it looks like theyíre having serious issues with the E16. For the fairly minimal gain in output, the issues it has are not worth it to me.

Agreed, thermal guy, Iíll take the twisty!

Iím gonna go revisit the E15. Almost bought it at least 3times!

You should pick one up! I doubt youíll be disappointed.

I have both versions and agree it is a whole lot of great EDC in a tiny package and also built to last as most Fenix seem to be too!

I carried one and then the other up until the 4Sevens Mini was released.
    The Mini is almost an Olight S-Mini but a Twisty and not a Clicky which I also prefer on the Keychain.

But the Mini has an actual moonlight low mode too which is probably my most used mode overall and for some reason Fenix just will not throw in the low mode which has become a staple of the Flashlight world for me?

The Mini also has an interchangeable Clip/Keychain loop part that is Genius really and is the only removable clip that I have not had come off on its own somehow and I like having the option of Clip or Keychain too.

I still use the E15s and one is clipped inside each of my EDC Backpacks as an always there light that I know I can count on.

I agree with you about the moonlight mode and would say thatís the only thing I would have liked. Fenix really should add it.

The mini looks like an excellent flashlight, though it appears to be double the price. At $30, itís hard to top the E15 for what it is and does.

Flashaholic*

Loved the 123 twisty lights
    When I lost my e15, I immediately got another and a jet iimk - love them both equally

Wish the e15 had a glass lens though

For anyone who is on the fence, you may want to get the E15 while you still can. Itís been discontinued as per Fenix in favor of the E16 and E18, both of which Iíve heard there are potential problems with. Anyway, Fenix-store is out of stock and no longer lists the E15, but Amazon still has them if you want them.