FourSevens        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E01 or bust

Default E01 or bust

So rumor has it the E01 is discontinued.

C'mon man. That's like cancelling opening day of baseball.

Realizing things change over time Levis still sells 501's, Converse still sells Chuck Taylors, pin stripe suits still rule, Ray Ban wayfarers still rock and so does the E01.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Default Re: E01 or bust

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I felt the same way about Arc. At least we have some warning this time.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    41 brands, 2124 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Guess I'll be keeping my newly found stock of old-school E01's.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Thumbs down Re: E01 or bust

Dang! E01 was my 1st "real" key chain light that stood the test of time (still have it). Even got the wife to rock one, and most of my family received them over the years as gifts.... Still puts a smile on my face when I see a random key chain at a family gathering with one attached to this day.

Maybe they're just going to do us a favor and stuff a Yuji in there and call it the E01w

They gotta be coming up with something better, or else they wouldn't discontinue it... Hmmmmm... #Yugi

We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.

You would think whatever tooling or programming for bodies and the driver are long paid for and owes them nothing. A simple emitter swap would let things just keep rolling along. Make a couple thousand a year in one run, switch the line over until those sell out. Keep the E01 fans happy and buying your products. Just thinking out loud...
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.
    Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
    Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
    Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.
    Just do what they do with the E0, just tack on the next sequential number. E012.

It'll be known as the Count, it vants to suck your battery!
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind.
    Still waiting for something "better" than the TK61.
    Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaios View Post
    Still waiting for something "better" than the TK61.
    Yup.......
    Reliability, NW and moonlight mode, the most important factors in a light

My observation is that the E01 is the most loved light in recent history. This thread serves as evidence.

Just used my E01 last evening !

Much love and respect for this flashlight !

_

I think it just is a light that has a sort of mythos around it. Particularly on CPF at least. I feel like I should buy one to have again just because it is "important" to people who have a weird obsession with lights like we do.

I feel like Fenix just needs to keep the same light and basically upgrade the emitter to something super simple, but obviously "better" than that classic and slightly clunky Nichia 5mm LED. Something very floody and with a nice smooth beam and tint. But keep the super cheap design. I don't know though... Maybe if they can use a better 5mm LED. But part of the point of the E01 is that it "vampires" batteries, right? lol

I guess it's a gimmick to do so at this point when we have such efficient modern emitters, but it's still fun.

Take the proven seemingly bulletproof potted LED design keeping with a simple single mode driver, upgraded emitter for better color rendition and run time....this sounds like a familiar request.

In moving forward, I could easily see the next iteration being named the Fenix F01...

...moving backwards in the alphabet would just be weird...plus C01 seems to be already taken...
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) ... E01

Yep...the E01 is starting its death throes on the Canadian Amazon market place.

It can be had anywhere from $44 to $354.77.

Default Fenix eo1...

Has it been discontinued by Fenix? Is it being updated? I was going to order some more late last year but was slack, and Iíve only managed to garner 3 off the internet as everyone that used to stock them is sold out.

I know itís an older light, but itís also one of the best gifting lights Iíve come across. Iíve given dozens away as gifts over the years and now Iím all out, bar the 3 I ordered today, which I would have ordered more of but they only had 3 in stock.
    There can never be too much honey to lick off your fingers.

Default Re: Fenix eo1...

The E01 was discontinued a little ways back. Really a shame, hopefully they release an apt replacement.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Didnít see this thread before I posted in the LED lights section. To say the least Fenix had better come up with a very suitable replacement. I managed to order three this morning in Olive, Blue and Black. Iíve given so many away as gifts and always been able to buy them I never thought theyíd stop making it. These last three are MINE!

I also use my TK40 on a weekly basis.

Good if theyíre making a replacement for it. Sad if theyíre not. Such a solid and reliable little light. Iíve got a couple of EO5ís, but theyíre different, and not quite the same. The EO1 is just so simple it makes using it a breeze. No worry about modes or whatever. Just on or off with a mega long runtime on a lithium cell.

Flashaholic*

Take a look at the Sofirn C01

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
    Take a look at the Sofirn C01
    Make it quick, supplies of those are limited too.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

New thread merged into parallel thread.

Default E01 or bust

Wayfarers arenít made by Ray ban anymore. I think the company was taken over by someone else

Sorry, that was insensitive of me. Sorry for your loss. I have a pair that they ďthinkĒ they can fix
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Wayfarers arenít made by Ray ban anymore. I think the company was taken over by someone else

Sorry, that was insensitive of me. Sorry for your loss. I have a pair that they ďthinkĒ they can fix
    Wrong thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeanBurn View Post
    Wrong thread ?
    I was referring to the first post...pay attention. Although most of this stuff goes on in my head and I forget to point the it out in my posts. But Iíve been told to stop talking out loud because people donít need to know whatís going on in there. Oh hell. How did i end up here...?
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Bausch & Laumb designed a pair of sunglasses for aviators that were said to 'ban rays' of sunlight. Hence the name Ray Ban. Like SureFire was once called Laser Products and so many folks asked for their initial offering that was called the SureFire, the name eventually stuck.

For years Ray Ban was an off shoot of Bausch & Laumb and eventually there were various models made by B&L under the Ray Ban monicker. In 1999 B&L sold the Ray Ban name to an Italian company called Luxottica for $640 million.
    B&L has been passed around a bit here and there and trade under the name Bausch Health these days making all kinds of eye care products.

Classic Ray Bans had Bausch & Laumb labeled lenses at the outter edge, which was enscribed. When Luxottica bought the name the lenses began showing Ray Ban on them in the upper right corner of the right lens in white. (Right while wearing them perspective.) Authentic Ray Ban by B&L were US made. Current Ray Ban's are Italian made (not Chinese).

And now that the E01 is no longer in production it looks like the E05 might be a decent alternative. Starts out 8 lumens, then 25 and 85 options via the twist head, rock solid digital regulation, IPx8 and already has a floody beam. Trouble is our favorite $10 option is now $20 if the E05 is chosen. Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    ....Authentic Ray Ban by B&L were US made. Current Ray Ban's are Italian made (not Chinese)....
    I don't want to take us too far off topic here, but I believe that Luxottica has manufacturing facilities in both Italy and China now, including those making Ray-Bans ...

https://www.framesdirect.com/knowled...e-ray-ban-made
    ... is the archimedes peak

While I certainly DO like
    my Fenix E05 (multi-mode) flashlights,
    I am a bit disappointed to find
    they simply GO OUT when battery
    is exhausted, with no warning at all.

< sigh >

Just something to keep in mind . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast