Malkoff        

Thread: E01 or bust

Default E01 or bust

So rumor has it the E01 is discontinued.

C'mon man. That's like cancelling opening day of baseball.

Realizing things change over time Levis still sells 501's, Converse still sells Chuck Taylors, pin stripe suits still rule, Ray Ban wayfarers still rock and so does the E01.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic

Default Re: E01 or bust

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I felt the same way about Arc. At least we have some warning this time.
    Try the largest, fastest, most flexible flashlight search engine: parametrek.com
    40 brands, 2027 models and still growing!
    NEW: battery search, sleeping pads search

Guess I'll be keeping my newly found stock of old-school E01's.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Thumbs down Re: E01 or bust

Dang! E01 was my 1st "real" key chain light that stood the test of time (still have it). Even got the wife to rock one, and most of my family received them over the years as gifts.... Still puts a smile on my face when I see a random key chain at a family gathering with one attached to this day.

Maybe they're just going to do us a favor and stuff a Yuji in there and call it the E01w

They gotta be coming up with something better, or else they wouldn't discontinue it... Hmmmmm... #Yugi

We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.

You would think whatever tooling or programming for bodies and the driver are long paid for and owes them nothing. A simple emitter swap would let things just keep rolling along. Make a couple thousand a year in one run, switch the line over until those sell out. Keep the E01 fans happy and buying your products. Just thinking out loud...
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.
    Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
    Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 12-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
    Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.
    Just do what they do with the E0, just tack on the next sequential number. E012.

It'll be known as the Count, it vants to suck your battery!
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by fenix store View Post
    We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind.
    Still waiting for something "better" than the TK61.
    Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.