E01 or bust

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So rumor has it the E01 is discontinued.

C'mon man. That's like cancelling opening day of baseball.

Realizing things change over time Levis still sells 501's, Converse still sells Chuck Taylors, pin stripe suits still rule, Ray Ban wayfarers still rock and so does the E01.

parametrek

Enlightened
I felt the same way about Arc. At least we have some warning this time.

1pt21

Enlightened
Dang! E01 was my 1st "real" key chain light that stood the test of time (still have it). Even got the wife to rock one, and most of my family received them over the years as gifts.... Still puts a smile on my face when I see a random key chain at a family gathering with one attached to this day.

Maybe they're just going to do us a favor and stuff a Yuji in there and call it the E01w :sigh:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.

scout24

Flashaholic
You would think whatever tooling or programming for bodies and the driver are long paid for and owes them nothing. A simple emitter swap would let things just keep rolling along. Make a couple thousand a year in one run, switch the line over until those sell out. Keep the E01 fans happy and buying your products. Just thinking out loud...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
We know when Fenix discontinues a light, they have something better in mind. The E01 is a classic! Hard to top but we will see. We have asked the Fenix engineer to read this post so continue to share your thoughts. Your input is always appreciated.

Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.

Last edited:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input.

There's this one company whose name ryhms with beambright who has a model the ryhms with psycrodream and they keep updating it while keeping the original name.
Basically if you liked a previous model for its beam or runtime it is impossible to know which model you are buying at eBay etc.

Point being if you guys do update an E01, please call it a name that would ensure folks know which light they are buying. But please keep making the Converse Chuck Taylor of flashlights, the E01.

Thank you.

Just do what they do with the E0, just tack on the next sequential number. E012.:thumbsup:

It'll be known as the Count, it vants to suck your battery!

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
My observation is that the E01 is the most loved light in recent history. This thread serves as evidence.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Just used my E01 last evening !

Much love and respect for this flashlight !

:thumbsup:
_

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it just is a light that has a sort of mythos around it. Particularly on CPF at least. I feel like I should buy one to have again just because it is "important" to people who have a weird obsession with lights like we do.

I feel like Fenix just needs to keep the same light and basically upgrade the emitter to something super simple, but obviously "better" than that classic and slightly clunky Nichia 5mm LED. Something very floody and with a nice smooth beam and tint. But keep the super cheap design. I don't know though... Maybe if they can use a better 5mm LED. But part of the point of the E01 is that it "vampires" batteries, right? lol

I guess it's a gimmick to do so at this point when we have such efficient modern emitters, but it's still fun.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the proven seemingly bulletproof potted LED design keeping with a simple single mode driver, upgraded emitter for better color rendition and run time....this sounds like a familiar request. :sweat:

In moving forward, I could easily see the next iteration being named the Fenix F01...

...moving backwards in the alphabet would just be weird...plus C01 seems to be already taken...:whistle:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep...the E01 is starting its death throes on the Canadian Amazon market place.

It can be had anywhere from $44 to $354.77.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix eo1...

Has it been discontinued by Fenix? Is it being updated? I was going to order some more late last year but was slack, and I've only managed to garner 3 off the internet as everyone that used to stock them is sold out.

I know it's an older light, but it's also one of the best gifting lights I've come across. I've given dozens away as gifts over the years and now I'm all out, bar the 3 I ordered today, which I would have ordered more of but they only had 3 in stock.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't see this thread before I posted in the LED lights section. To say the least Fenix had better come up with a very suitable replacement. I managed to order three this morning in Olive, Blue and Black. I've given so many away as gifts and always been able to buy them I never thought they'd stop making it. These last three are MINE!

I also use my TK40 on a weekly basis.