Newly Enlightened
200437162051502.jpg

200437162112102.jpg

200437162132485.jpg

200437162147598.jpg

20043716224634.jpg

200437162219367.jpg

200437162235931.jpg

guess which one is FIRST? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
IF the pics do not show up, try refresh

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened
I am so envious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

You pretty much cant tell without booting em up!

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DashingMan said:
I am so envious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

You pretty much cant tell without booting em up!

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as seconds go though, I think I'd rather have a huge ugly gash in the anodizing than brightness or drawing problems. On a second where one figures there is at least one thing wrong with it, I'd take the one that functions perfect over the one that looks pretty every time. Of course, a second that has both gashes and below average performance would be a worst case scenario?

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
What's the URL for those ARC4 2nds? I got an LSH 2nd and after seeing your pictures I think that the slight defect in the lens in one of your pictures is the reasons that mine and yours are considered 2nds. You can only see the defect reflected, not looking through the lens, so I can't think it does anything to the beam...

Faz

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Fazookus:

the "slight defect in the lens" are the bubbles between the lens-protector and the lens, they woun't bee there if I remove the protector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
20043821923785.jpg

still those 4 by order.
now know why First is a First? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fazookus

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
the "slight defect in the lens" are the bubbles between the lens-protector and the lens, they woun't bee there if I remove the protector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no, I got that lens-protector off in about 10 seconds

The flaw (such as it is) I'm talking about has a "fringe" around it, an optical characteristic the name of which escapes me at the moment.

Faz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
faz: i think you're referring to the retaining ring. i see what you mean; it looks like some of the anodizing has been chipped off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
hmm is that left one second? rest three on right is first? One on left 4+ has ARC logo print near screw hole and has dimmer light than others. Am I correct? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Boxster986

Newly Enlightened
WOW! The one on the right really stands out. Thanks for sharing your comparison pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
the one on the right is the First, all others are seconds.

Firsts got their reasons to be worth $180.....

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
That one on the right does stand out. Real crisp white beam. My second looks a lot like the two in the middle, white, but with a greenish tint, especially at lower levels. Still, for the $80 savings, I'm happy.

daloosh

s2k

Newly Enlightened
daloosh:

I do agree with you. Both firsts and seconds worth their price, indeed.

But after I saw so many arc4s, I have to keep a first for me...

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
are any of the seconds as bright as the first? if so, how are the runtimes at level 1? thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
the day:
well, yes, I got one as bright as first, at least to my eyes.

but that one become HOT after few minutes use, so I believe it drain the batt very fast.

so far I did not see a seconds as WHITE as a first, most of them produce a little yellow beam

Greymage

Enlightened
This seems odd. Wouldn't it be more efficient to test the luxeon/converter assembly and sell those as seconds rather than continuing to the assembly step and then classifying completed lights as seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.