• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

What is your oldest working Olight?

mdmvrockford

Newly Enlightened
As the title states, what is your oldest working Olight? If possible please include age and picture of the flashlight/torch. Thank you.

(To moderators, I did quick CPF search and found nothing. If such thread exists then please accept my apology.)

BACKGROUND to above question:
My last EDC-LED CR123 flashlight was a Surefire E2D Defender (200 lumen). I had it since approximately 2010 but last month it fell into an area that I could not recover it. It never failed me but with my use the most abuse it took was 1 meter fall from pocket. When I looked up cost of the latest E2D LED Defender I see it went up to $200. I realized back at time initial purchase and ever since the Surefire was overkill for my use/needs. A quick google search led me to CPF. I was and still am surprised by the level of choices in LED lights and batteries since 2010. For the cost of one SureFire E2D LED I could potentially have multiple light for different purposes. So after few weeks of reading CPF, I reached analysis paralysis and decided I just need to make a choice. I chose Olight (also considered Fenix, Thrunite, Zebralight, Nitecore).
I saw posts like this:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...ght-or-other&p=5007090&viewfull=1#post5007090 and also there appeared to be more "torture test" youtube videos of Olight vs. other made in PRC lights. I realize the limitations of such videos is their small sample size but it was better than nothing.

So far I have:
EDC, work and last resort kubaton: Olight M1x Striker and Olight M2T Warrior
Effective 100 meter-throw light: Olight M23 Javelot.
Looking for small pocket/keychain back up: considering M1T Raider (got it but this one is being gifted) vs. S1Mini

With USA Black Friday sales, I got the M1x, M2T and M23 and M1T all for less cost than MSRP of one-1000 lumen E2DLED . I don't have responsible funds nor an understanding spouse to buy similar different lights from Surefire or Malkoff or custom light manufacturer.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
oldest working Olight?
ZINzBFy.jpg

one of my oldest...

ven

Flashaholic
M20vn 219b single mode from 2013, might even be a 219a as from
pocs it does look like the a.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll just say this if you are looking for reassurance. I've owned several and never a problem. Only one that gets high usage now is my sr mini intimidator from 2014. It's used almost every night. Had an s1 baton as edc but have switched to an HDS rotary.

mdmvrockford

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all who replied so far. Your posts and on CPF search yesterday this one from CelticCross74 http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?415588-Other-Lights-of-Fenix-Quality appear to confirm that my initial CPF and internet research on Olight.

Beside correct number of flashlights/torches to own is n + 1 (which I read decades ago in another item enthusiast forum), I have learned from CPF "two is one and one is none": hence I am researching small pocket/keychain light. So far Olight wise I am looking at S1 Mini; also considering similar offerings from the other respected PRC manufacturers.

Last edited:

etudiant

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all who replied so far. I am reseaching small pocket/keychain light. So far Olight wise I am looking at S1 Mini. Considering similar offereings from the other respected PRC manufacturers.

The S1 Mini, although powerful, is fat for a keychain light. I've been very pleased with the I1R, also well built, albeit only a fraction as bright. It is a good alternative, noticeably cheaper and more compact.[h=1][/h]

mdmvrockford

Newly Enlightened
The S1 Mini, although powerful, is fat for a keychain light. I've been very pleased with the I1R, also well built, albeit only a fraction as bright. It is a good alternative, noticeably cheaper and more compact.
Thanks etudiant. I just sent you PM so as not to go off topic.

mdmvrockford

Newly Enlightened
Thank you again ven for your reply.

Since I am back into LED flashlights (after ~ 10 years) and new to Olight, please help this newbie out. Unlike experienced CLF members I cannot identify flashlight/torch based on just shape :(
Your post#2 and #7 I can read the M20 Warrior Premium etching. But what are the other model numbers pictured (the greyish one has etching but I cannot read it even with expanding view)?

Thank you.

Found a pic of oldest olight
OukOLR7l.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thank you again ven for your reply.

Since I am back into LED flashlights (after ~ 10 years) and new to Olight, please help this newbie out. Unlike experienced CLF members I cannot identify flashlight/torch based on just shape :(
Your post#2 and #7 I can read the M20 Warrior Premium etching. But what are the other model numbers pictured (the greyish one has etching but I cannot read it even with expanding view)?

Thank you.

Far left 1/2 in pic is a solarforce P1 with a nichia p60, above is the m20vn which is a single mode 219a(my first vinh light back in 13). Bellow is a surefire E1e with a tana singLED 219b 5000k(rare and hard to find), next to that is an old school with a 219c 4k in(lumapower TRUST fed on 14500 cell) Then the surefire g2 with a c2 head, think it has an oveready mule in at that time(or it could be a sportac triple 219c). Last the thrunite T10s, great little light again modded to 219c 4000k by the very talented(and great guy to boot) CRX. That pic is some of my work lights from a while back, i have more i use in work.

Other olights in work are my 2 x H2r neutral white, damn i love these head lamps. So good!!!! The beam/tint/temp of around 4000k is just amazing
H2r/H2r/zebralight mkII neutral white and skilhunt H03 neutral white, quite possibly the best value headlamp imho(gearbest for a little over $30)
JDrLIonl.jpg

Cheers

Last edited: