The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Someone to Install Trits in 2 HDS ACME Bezels

Default Someone to Install Trits in 2 HDS ACME Bezels

Mods please move if this should be in a WTB section:

Looking for someone who I can ship 2 HDS ACME bezels to and have 6 trits mounted in each with Norland. I searched and found no one actually offering that kind of service.

20181206-170252.jpg

Default Re: Someone to Install Trits in 2 HDS ACME Bezels

Nitroz did this for me.

Thanks!

Them are nice!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic

M R nice!!!

Vinh does it I believe. Skylumen
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Vinh does it I believe. Skylumen
    Ooh, it looks like I can send him my legacy clicky to him for a 219B, too! Much obliged BigBurly!

Email him skylumen54@gmail.com for any inquiries. It’s Holliday season so he may be a little slower than usual to reply

Thank You. He responded, and it was a big negative on the HDS. Sounds like another member wrecked that idea for me and anyone else hoping for an HDS emitter swap from him.

I know in the past people have tried to return the lights to HDS for warranty work after a swap and I can see how that would be a mess. I wouldn’t touch my own work after somebody modded it. There are people here that do them but if you want warranty work later on remember HDS has every right to refuse it.

You can do it yourself really cheap.
    Get this UV light: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/S2-b...3da24c4duT4w5B
    This filter thing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZWB2...3da24c4duT4w5B
    A tube or two of this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Norland-61-...kNA9:rk:2:pf:0
    And some tritium vials from https://www.mixglo.com/store/p2/T1_1.5x6mm_Vials.html

I used a toothpick to sort of guide the glue into the holes, just enough to cover the bottom, then you drop in the vial and the glue sucks it up, then you add more glue to just barely cover the vial while not going over the edge, can use the pick to push the vial around and get rid of any bubbles, then a few seconds of the UV light and it's rock solid. You can hold the UV light for 10+ seconds to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    I know in the past people have tried to return the lights to HDS for warranty work after a swap and I can see how that would be a mess. I wouldn’t touch my own work after somebody modded it. There are people here that do them but if you want warranty work later on remember HDS has every right to refuse it.
    We always take them and look them over. If the light failed because of the mod, it can get costly to fix (if it can be fixed). If the light failed from some other reason not mod related, then we will take care of it under warranty. Henry has always been quite generous regarding this.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Way more generous than he should be for sure.