NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Another NXS R1 question: How to adjust the brightness of the color LED?

Banned

Default Another NXS R1 question: How to adjust the brightness of the color LED?

The color LED on the NXS R1 isn't software-adjustable like the white LEDs are, but it's being driven by a constant-current circuit, so there must be a resistor somewhere that sets the output amperage of the circuit. From the factory it's configured to run at ~3.5mA, from what I've observed. Does anyone know where on the board this resistor is located? There are a bunch of tiny resistors on there and I lack the training to stare at a circuit board and visually identify the circuits contained therein.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Another NXS R1 question: How to adjust the brightness of the color LED?

Are you going to attempt to change it? I would think you can find the inline resistor pretty fast with a multimeter in continuity mode. I would look close to the LED itself.

Banned

Default Re: Another NXS R1 question: How to adjust the brightness of the color LED?

I'm not sure that would be good enough. The microprocessor has to be powered-up as well, because it detects when the user changes modes via the power button. I could quite easily identify the wrong resistor and brick the driver by trying to change it.