I am a lucky husband: she sees the practical uses of lights

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
After taking the brother-in-law's dog for a short walk in the dark, that delightful woman who makes my days worthwhile says "You know, we should have a headlamp in the car." I opened the glove box and showed her the Energizer headlamp and spare batteries just standing by. She was pleased. If she'd remembered we had it, she probably would have used it for dog walking duty. Uneven sidewalks and icy patches are not fun.

Maybe she needs her own headlamp for Christmas? Have to get something purse-sized. Even a 1 AAA running on a lithium-FeS primary would be a useful tool for her.

I'm ashamed to admit when I checked her keychain light, it was dead. It's a Fenix UC01, the second flat-pattern keychain light I've tried, and it's been a bit of a disappointment. Mine was nearly always dead after lighting the inside of my pocket. Time to go back to a twisty light, I think.

Bill

( or, I could upgrade to a new headlamp and make the old one the official dog-walking light! 900+lumens, here I come!)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
AliExpress is selling a Sofrin light, the C01, that was developed with input from that other forum. It is an AAA twisty, with a Yugi 5mm high CRI (94+) emitter. It is available in either 3200K (warm white) or 5600k (neutral white) CCT. Right now it is only available in black, but red and blue versions are coming soon. And it is currently only $7.99. The tailcap is flat so it can tail stand, and it comes with an O-ring already attached. The tail cap also has a 1.5x6mm slot suitable for a tritium vial, and a 5x3mm spot for a magnet. Haven't received mine yet, but am anxiously awaiting them. The work on the street is that they are very nice.

You are lucky in your spouse. Make every effort to keep her. I was single again before the expensive lights came out, so I could indulge without fear.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a lucky husband for many reasons, one of which is that my wife has tolerated my weird hobby. Lately, she's also seen the practical uses of lights. While the hobby is unusual, most people will appreciate the well timed use of a flashlight. My friends and family now own some very nice torches because of my influence.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
AliExpress is selling a Sofrin light, the C01, that was developed with input from that other forum. It is an AAA twisty, with a Yugi 5mm high CRI (94+) emitter. It is available in either 3200K (warm white) or 5600k (neutral white) CCT. Right now it is only available in black, but red and blue versions are coming soon. And it is currently only $7.99. The tailcap is flat so it can tail stand, and it comes with an O-ring already attached. The tail cap also has a 1.5x6mm slot suitable for a tritium vial, and a 5x3mm spot for a magnet. Haven't received mine yet, but am anxiously awaiting them. The work on the street is that they are very nice.

Thanks for that suggestion - at that price, I might even get one for the mother-in-law!

Bill