XeVision ULTRA 85 .... Beamshots

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the 1st known beam shots of the new ULTRA 85.. ( I hope ) Freezing cold tonight so I did not make it to the powerlines, just set up in the back field.

Amazing light and I feel fortunate to have one of the 10 made. No camera, just an iPhone 8....best I could do.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 741

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The all-important distance to the tree is missing.

Yes, I know I lack on specs. :D Not a golfer so I don't own a rangefinder and I don't do that google stuff. However, it is across a 30 acre parcel...that tree is about 2800 ft away from where I was set up. Really was not a distance shot by any means. When I have some time I'll be taking some shots at the power lines nearby. Hopefully get some known distances then. Plus, it was freakin cold out!!:D

NOTE: RASHER or anyone else...feel free to post your beamshots in this thread! Someone has to have a decent camera out there!

Thanks for the comments gents!

Rasher

Enlightened
NOTE: RASHER or anyone else...feel free to post your beamshots in this thread! Someone has to have a decent camera out there!
Thanks for the mention - while I've got some excellent cameras, my skills with them are limited to astrophotography and microscopy - I don't have the skills (nor time/patience I suppose) to produce beamshots of the caliber flashaholics would want.

If I keep it, I'll be loaning it to a buddy that's a professional photographer that does a lot of night work in remote areas - he expressed an interest in using some of my throwers - so if that happens, I'll share his work gladly.

Thanks again for the mention!

Rasher

Enlightened
whats the lux on this ?
i know the reg model is like 4.2 mill i think?
Stock Lemax is claimed ~4.5 Mcd at ~7500 lumens. These are claimed ~9500 lumens. Somewhere in the 4.7-5 Mcd range I'd venture, or a ~couple of hundred meters more "throw" over the claimed 4250m of the stock light.

It's big, it's bright, it throws a spot that's usable with or without optics. Good enough for me.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"It's big, it's bright, it throws a spot that's usable with or without optics. Good enough for me."

---Dasher

Such a relief for us all "grasshopper"!!

Karl

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those who were waiting for options that you wanted in addition to your XeVision or Lemax Lights, please indicate your current needs / desires here.
Since its been a few months your desires may have changed, Karl wanted more batteries some others wanted a superpower head and a tethered power adapter.
I could look at my old notes but this is easier and we have at least a few weeks to pull this together and nail down pricing once I have my big order in hand.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think "Toolboy" is maybe the only one left wanting some "add-ons" as he put it.
We have 2 to maybe 4 weeks for anyone else looking to buy additional items for their existing XeRay or Lemax lights.
Also any complete 35/50 or 50/70 light buyers could also be tacked onto this offer.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have interest in the external adaptor as well ...depending on the price of all these "goodies" Dan...:naughty: :bow:

Karl

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the only thing you wanted ?

Was thinking about the 10" extension with the external switch but, I can't get both. I think the 12Vot would serve me better in a vehicle.

May tack on a filter for my LX50...still thinking.

Last edited: