Arc 4 Setting Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered an Arc 4-P.

What I want to know, is what settings do you all use.

I was thinking of using 5 as primary and 10 as secondary. That way, I'll have 4 settings that are evenly nearly spaced out....

i.e. :

1-5-10-15

But since you all that own the Arc-4 know more, I appreciate feedback if there is better settings other than 5 & 10.

I don't know when I'll actually get the light, the website says 3 weeks to ship since its a new product....

cy

Flashaholic
primary 3, secondary 10, startup turned off, forced primary on, flash locator on,

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Primary 6 and secondary 11. 5 level apart 1-6-11-16 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mikhail said:
Primary 6 and secondary 11. 5 level apart 1-6-11-16 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the Arc liturature suggests 15 levels. But many posters report 16 levels. Are there different versions of the Arc 4? Does the Arc 4X have 16 levels and the 4+ 15? I'm confused....

Mic

Newly Enlightened
Level 1 one long press when the light is on
Level 3 Primary Default
Level 8 Secondary Default
Level 16 Tertiary Default
for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
RFS turned off
my Arc 4+ has 16 levels

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
I thought dimmer level (triple click) is 16 level. Now I am bit confused too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I think I am at 3 and 9 at this point. I have been changing it around a bit lately to see what works best for me. I used the factory settings for a while wanted to move to a 4 level system like most other users did. I don't use the force primary either. I let the light come on at 9 and go from there.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mikhail said:
I thought dimmer level (triple click) is 16 level. Now I am bit confused too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The online Arc 4 demo has 15 levels. That is where I keep seeing 15 levels. Can an Arc employ (Peter?) please confirm there are 16 levels?

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Gone Jeepin said:
I think I am at 3 and 9 at this point. I have been changing it around a bit lately to see what works best for me. I used the factory settings for a while wanted to move to a 4 level system like most other users did. I don't use the force primary either. I let the light come on at 9 and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I do use 5 & 10,I will set the light up to come on at 10, and then bump it up higher (5 or full power) as needed. I figure 10 probably will do most little jobs, and eat less battery life too. And of course for tiny jobs, the dimmist level is useful.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
2 primary, 7 secondary for me. I discovered quickly while using at work that I wanted to be able to set the light down on a very bright level to free up both hands. I may rethink my level strategy now that I've gone back to using my LSH-S (twisty pack) for work.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Primary-10
Secondary-4
triple click as to be on 16 when turned on
Lock turned on.
With this setup I have 5 light levels with one light, and as I double click through the levels it gets brighter and if needed I can hold for full power.

MoonRise

Enlightened
See the sig line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are 16 levels in all. When I turn my light on (Force Primary), I have a goodly amount of light. I can triple-click down to level 16 (plenty for night time in the house, kid checks, etc). I can double click up to pretty bright (secondary). I can hold for Level-1 MAX (which uses a LOT more battery juice than lower levels).

This way I have four settings easily available, in a way that works well for me. You can change your settings to however you like, that's one nice thing about the 4+.

I actually wish that the light could go lower in brightness. Doing the kid checks at night, I usually use Level-16 and bounce that off the ceiling. Straight on, Level-16 is still pretty bright.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Arc shipped my Arc 4 today! I thought it takes two weeks or more to ship it since its a new product. (that is what Arc's website says anyway).

That is FAST service!

georget98

Enlightened
I wish it had switchable profiles like the ringers on my cell phone. Maybe the Arc6?

General use: Primary 1, Secondary 5, Semi-tactical.

Demonstate to the Eveready Captain crowd: Primary 4 (hurts the eyes and leaves room for an impressive boost, too), Secondary 7, no-tactical

Night time: Primary 6, Secondary 11, triple-click to dim, no tactical, locator on.

I don't actually switch around as much as this implies, but these are the settings I like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts