ZL headlamp clip?

Masaladosa

Newly Enlightened
I see a lot of posts recommending an Armytek Wizard clip for the H600/H60X models. ZL sell their own clip that I assume fits perfectly.

Is there any reason to still buy the Armytek clip, or were those threads just written before ZL made/sold their own? Is there an inherent flaw in ZL clips?

While I'm here and I remember - someone on BLF modded the silicone holder and added a Petzl Zipka cord. Anyone got pics or a mod guide? That would make my day.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
I think I replied to you on Reddit.. copy+pasta for other viewer's reference.

I use the ArmyTek clip on my H600Fc. It is much better than the stock clip. Rides deep, thicker steel, better retention.

HOWEVER. I'd strongly recommend using a bench grinder to thin down the retaining clip. It is about 1 mm wider than the grooves on the light and will chew the anodizing right off the light. Additionally, you'll want to use a vice and pliers to bend the clip out a bit as it's tight.

ArmyTek also has a plastic quick release headlamp mount that works perfectly. The silicone mount that comes with it is a bit uncomfortable as the ends press into your forehead and make 'devil horn' imprints. It's also annoying to insert/remove the light.

I think this light would be a bit heavy for a cord as the head strap.

Both can be purchased for a great price from https://ru.nkon.nl

If you look closely, you can see my lack of skills on the bench grinder on the bottom of the clip.

I glued five 2x3x5mm N50 magnets on the clip, and covered it in heat shrink tube.

I also threaded an elastic band around the holder for added security. Note that the mount does feel nice and snug, but if you bumped the light hard enough it might pop off. ArmyTek seems to have recognized that this is a concern and added a rubber strap: https://www.armytek.com/products/ac...for-armytek-wizard-with-a-plastic-holder.html

20181217-212752.jpg

20181217-213802.jpg

Last edited: