Has anyone made a pouch for the 4+ yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Newly Enlightened
Obviously, the nylon one Peter sells is too small, has anyone made one that actually fits?

A nice soft leather one would be great. I just want something that will keep it from getting scratched in my pockets. The nylon is a bit bulky for that and is really want to be used as a belt pouch.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The OEM Arc pouch works just fine for the Arc4+. You see 1/4" of the velcro showing, but it still functionally works fine. The flap stays closed/sealed, without issues.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some have stated that a CO-137 is a bit tight, so I got a CO-37 which I use with the clip installed.

I tried to look ahead to a 2x123A battery pack and a AA pack too and ordered a CO-37, 30 and 31 at the same time!

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks wptski,

I was wondering about the fit, as the CO-137 is designed for something 3 1/4 by 3/4, like an Infinity Ultra. The Arc4+ is about an inch in diameter, so it seems a bit tight. Also, the clip surely wouldn't fit in the CO-137.

I was considering the CO-37 instead, so I could carry either an E1E or the 4+ with clip installed. Is it too loose, or a nice fit with the 4+ and clip?

Finally, does any one have any thoughts about the metal clip banging around (if it's not on your belt) compared to velcro or a plastic/nylon one?

daloosh

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
It fits just right with the pockclip installed, I think. It probably sticks up about 1/2" above the pouch and if you wanted more, just jam something in it first!

The metal clip doesn't bang around at all or move around unless you wear a very loose belt for some reason. It's made for up to a 2" wide belt.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Forge, I don't think the clip is removeable, at least it doesn't look like it is on the one I have!! It is a great pouch in my opinion, exactly what I wanted it to be!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Forge said:
Once again, is the clip removable?

[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
I've posted this a couple of times before, but I love the RipOffs CO-137 holster for the Arc4+. It's a perfect fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://store.yahoo.com/cinemasupplies/ricoflho.html

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say, yes it is but once removed, you'd have sew it back in!

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Forge said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just been way too busy. No, the clip is not removable.

With regards to the CO-137 vs CO-37: I still prefer the CO-137. The Arc4+ clip is worthless to me, so it's not an issue. I prefer the tactical nylon of the CO-137 vs the padded nylon of the CO-37. Finally, "bulk" is a big concern for me, and the compactness of the CO-137 design suits me much better than the wider CO-137.

Personal preference of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
[ QUOTE ]
Forge said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just been way too busy. No, the clip is not removable.

With regards to the CO-137 vs CO-37: I still prefer the CO-137. The Arc4+ clip is worthless to me, so it's not an issue. I prefer the tactical nylon of the CO-137 vs the padded nylon of the CO-37. Finally, "bulk" is a big concern for me, and the compactness of the CO-137 design suits me much better than the wider CO-137.

Personal preference of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Why isn't the clip is removable? It's not permently installed. They may want to carry their Arc4 in a pouch in a pocket.

I use the Arc4+ pocket clip while at work with it attached to the outside of a breast pocket on my coveralls. I have a small split ring attached to the pocket clip and use a lanyard at times at home. Other times I use the RipOff CO-37 while wearing sweats.

The CO-137 might be alright if you don't use the pocket clip but if you use it, you'll need the CO-37.

BTW: I couldn't find the CO-137 at the RipOff site. Don't think that they make it anymore.

Radagast

Enlightened
I'm using the Ripoffs co-37 pouch. I like the co-137 better lookswise but it was way too tight. I couldn't pull it out of the pouch easy enough to be convenient. I gave it to my my wife for her lsl-p and it's still really snug. I made her a lanyard so she can take it out quickly. Maybe I just got an especially narrow Co-137 but I couldn't use it for the Arc4.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
Here's the Ripoffs link:

http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/CO137/co137.html

I posted the Filmtools link for the CO-137 earlier in this thread.

The clip is not considered removable in the traditional sense. You have to pretty much take the threading apart to "remove it".

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe a better word might have been "detachable"?

Skyline

Enlightened
Some pics of the CO-137 in action:

DSCN1074s.jpg

DSCN1076s.jpg

DSCN1080s.jpg

DSCN1077s.jpg

DSCN1079s.jpg

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Skyline, honest - does has to pull it out or put it in hard way? Or after daily wearing and pouch get flexible to fit Arc4? By the way, clip look bit different than another - look more secure to me.

Skyline

Enlightened
Mikhail,

I put a black vinyl lens cap on my Arc4+. I just pull on the lens cap and the whole light comes out fairly easily. The reason I like a "tight" holster is that over time, it almost molds into the shape of the light. When I pop it in, it slides in and then stops when it fits the shape it has taken.

I really don't have any issues with it, but others may see things different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, the Ripoffs spring steel clip is one of their trademarks and it's quite secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.