What’s your favorite 14500 flashlight

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a 14500/aa light to complement my surefire edcl1-t. I'm looking mostly for a task light and would like to get people's recommendations. My only requirements are that it has a bezel down pocket clip and has the option to come on in high mode first. I'm not 100% sure on that last part but I've seemed to always gravitate towards lights that can come on in high mode.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC the Nitecore EA11, a single AA/14500 cell light, with a supplementary red led as well. The clip is bi-directional [default is bezel down deep carry, but it can be reversed for bezel up deep carry as well], and the light has mode memory, so it will come on in whichever mode it was last used with.

Last edited:

TJK

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac D25a mk2 clicky. I will probably pick up a d3a soon. Love the light. It is really compact. If the bezel is tight it starts on high.

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC52. Comes on in high, customizable modes. Good efficiency.

AB8XL

Enlightened
I'll second the Eagletac D25A MKII Clicky, just received one yesterday and the mode separation is better than the previous models.

Berneck1

Enlightened
D3a or D25a mk2 (same electronics) would be my recommendation. Have had several versions for almost 5 years now. Love these lights!

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
I've been wanting an SC53w. With the recent improvement in 14500 cells I'd be interested in the SC52 but it looks like that's only available in cw now.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
THRUNITE T10 NW. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED. it's my favorite 'go to ' light! on 14500 it is bright and beautiful. what a beam!

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Lumintop Tool 2.0, which I love because I shut if off in the highest mode (650-lumens) and it comes on in the same mode. Not sure if its clip is what you like but maybe you could switch one out?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Got a price range in mind ?

For a production light, I like the Peak (El Capitan or Logan)

0IzBT93.jpg

For custom lights, I like these McGizmos ...

zcF4FbP.jpg

Last edited:

MX421

Enlightened
Agreed. I also think that no longer supporting 14500 is the worst decision Zebralight has ever made with their AA lights.
Agreed, I guess their reasoning was that the SC63/4 lights are so small people would go to them instead? I know that even with 14500 support, i found myself not using the SC52 as much and gravitating toward the 18650 lights. Still, if they would just focus on making the AA lights smaller and still suppport 4500 i think they wouldn't alienate their original market base.

Oh yeah, add me to the SC52(w or c) recommendation if you can find one.