Surefire Z44 Lens Stockist UK

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a new lens for my Z44. I normally run to Fladhlightlens.com, but they're out of stock. So are Oveready, so does anyone know of a UK or European source for these lenses?
Thank you.
P

ven

Flashaholic
Hey there, just searched my parts bin lol, found a lens. Its exact same diameter, but appears to be not as thick as some surefire lens's. Its about 2mm thick, exact diam so will fit. Might simply need O ring at back of to help space, or might fit no problem. Heck it might even actually be a surefire lens.

Yours if you want, just need your addy again and will post off asap for you.
bS4wvrbl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: good one! I wish!

Mr flame for the win on my first LOL on a Sunday morning :)

Scourie

Enlightened
When I've needed a lens in a hurry, I've gone to the auction site and looked for "flat watch lens". All sizes and thicknesses can be found there but obviously they won't be coated.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I found glass lenses from solar force are good replacements and inexpensive. I put in an order for an L2M, which was only $10 (back then) and I had $50 to spend. So I tossed in a pair of round heads, some smooth bezels (both for 3P clones) and a few lenses. Turns out the lens was perfect in an FL2 that arrived without one and without the coating it puts out a smidge more light.
(The FL2 head is same size as the Z44 as PK modeled it from early sketches of the 6P)

IMG-20181229-095311.jpg

Note the resemblance

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Has Royal Mail delivered the bits yet? Hope not lost, should have been there. If not will have a look for another and send.

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome, thought RM might have lost it in the Xmas mail. Looking good, c2 and z2 just rock:rock:

ven

Flashaholic
I always fall in the trap of getting a 2nd to beat(use hard) saving the new one for careful use. But then the 2nd ends up too nice/mint/new to beat. So I need a c2 beater(have 6p/z2 beaters) to enjoy and beat up! So enjoy , sometimes it's nice not to dent/ding/scrape a mint light, just carry on from where someone left off.