Which lights should you have bought more of?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which lights are unavailable now that you wish you had bought more of?

For instance, I have a Defiant AA that I bought several years ago for somewhere between $4 and $6. On a fresh cell it's 50-ish lumens, but it will put out useful light until the battery is so low that my battery tester won't even recognize it anymore. I keep a pile of "dead" batteries from other devices and use this light to finish them off.

Had I known how much I was going to like this light (and given how inexpensive it was), I should have bought 3 or 4 of them.

--flatline

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Icon Rogue 1 and Rogue 2, back when they had recently been discontinued and were being cleared out at $6-$8(?) each from at least one source. I bought a number of them and gave them away to friends, and people I volunteered with at a social services agency, while keeping one of each for myself, but I ended up giving even those away to people who needed them more than I. I wish that I had bought more to give away, and kept my original gen1 samples.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
I wish I bought more SF Z2's, e-series and at least one M6. I recall going to a local police supply shop and they were clearing out all their remaining C-, Z- and E-series lights at $60-$80 CDN a pop... a bit pricey at the time but, at least, they had stock.

I only picked up one E1e that day... and they had about half a dozen left. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Icon Rogue 1 and Rogue 2, back when they had recently been discontinued and were being cleared out at $6-$8(?) each from at least one source. I bought a number of them and gave them away to friends, and people I volunteered with at a social services agency, while keeping one of each for myself, but I ended up giving even those away to people who needed them more than I. I wish that I had bought more to give away, and kept my original gen1 samples.

What? The potato peeler?
Yeah they were pretty amazing. I like the Modus too. And the Solo. Matter of fact I bought several of the Solo.

What should I have bought more of? I suppose the Coast HP1. Tough little 1aa zoomie that was very mod-able.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although I do already have a couple of C3-HA, and expect them to last ~ forever ... that would also have been another good item to stock up on with a few more (especially during the closeout pricing there had been from a few online vendors, at sub-eighty-dollars or so)

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The $100 HDS although you couldn't easily get them when they were that price anyway?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I wish I'd have been more into flashlights whilst the zebralight sc6330 was around. Love the look of them but never ever see them for sale anywhere. I'd consider that a grail for me.
I'm not gonna miss a trick with Noctigon m43's. Gonna get some "stock" in as and when I can afford it.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Surefire a2's, lx2's, l1's, e2e's, e1e's, c2 ha's, g2's, g2z's, zebralight sc52d and sc62d, sc80 off the tip of my head. Theres more no doubt.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire a2's e2's and a bunch of others when my local gun shop went under. Dirt cheap. What did I need them for? I had a streamlight & a maglite. What a bonehead.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a fun thread. A corollary question might be, "what lights should we buy now to avoid future lamenting?"

I'm glad that I have three HDS executives with rare/discontinued emitters.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There have been a few other posts elsewhere around CPF recently discussing getting "extras" of beloved lights (or tools, or similar) ... before they get "improved"

I admit to starting to try to do that, when feasible.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jet beam RRT01. Glad I got one. I hope it never quits. The rite RT rung control is one of my favorites!

4Sevens Titanium. Ten years later they're still some of the best Looking production lights ever produced. Also worth mentioning is the number of different offerings. Too bad about the tint, but that can be altered.

~ Chance

5Vm5Weh.jpg