Does Surefire make a 3-Watt Luxeon?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the L1 (Lumamax-1) uses a 1 watt and only gets a max of about 17 lumens.

The L4 uses a 5-watt and gets good brightness, but most 5-watt bulbs have a relatively short life (500 hours IIRC).

Is there an upcoming Surefire model (L2,L3,L5 or L6) for example that is not yet listed on the Surefire sight that uses a three watt luxeon that has more power than the L1?

Also, where can one find general info on models soon to be out that is not yet on the Surefire website?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The L4-L7 use 5W's. The only current production light using a Lux III is the X200. I would expect this to change as time permits.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
The L4-L7 use 5W's. The only current production light using a Lux III is the X200. I would expect this to change as time permits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the L2 uses a five watt too?

Whatever happened to the Lumamax L3? Why did they skip that number?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IlluminatingBikr said:
The L1 is a 1 watter.

The L4, L5, and L6 are all 5 watters. I'm positive of that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, it's not called an L5.
But the other day I definitely read about the 3W that's not out yet. I THINK it was described at some length on Tactical Wherehouse's site.

IIRC, they called it the L(?) Lumamax. (A 2-level output light using 2 -123s).

It will sell for about $150. on special when you can "pre-order" it.

-And yes, I'm also very positive about seeing the write-up description on the so-called 3W emitter model. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Vcal,

I believe you are identifying the L2 which is a two level, 5W light using the same tail switch as the L1 and A2. It will host 2x123. I would guess that this could be subject to change and realistically, the SF line is subject to constant change.......

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Let me go grab my 2004 SureFire catalogue and see what it has to say about LED power...BRB...hmmm it doesn't say what the LED wattage is in their flashlights...so much for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is a complete list of dealer sponsors on CPF? The same people sell a lot of aftermarket products for Surefire. Their webpages are dark green in color with light green text. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I read about that light on Friday or Saturday. They had a limited amount of info, but did definitely mention a price.

*They also had a page about an even more advanced 2 or 3 level 5 Watt Lumamax model for about $200. or so -on pre-order......However, they didn't specify WHEN they would start taking the preorders...

Memory fails me on exactly which website had that info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Vcal:

Are you talking about the L2 at TAD gear? It does say 3-watt, but the info may be incorrect (no one knows for sure yet, I think).

The other light you are probably talking about is the U2, which does use a 5-watter.

Lastly, you can find the banners here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif