Locations for lights in Toronto (help out pls!)

utomatoe

Enlightened
Ok, here goes:

Looking for:
------------
Princeton Tec40
Dorcy 1AAA and 2AA
Brinkman 2AA
MiniMag (in colours other than blue/red/black/etc)
MiniMag presentation box
MiniMag combo pack w/clip, lens holder, lens
Mag-lite accessories / parts
CMG lights
Surefire lights
Streamlight flashlights
Fulton Anglehead light

MEC (www.mec.ca)
---
Small Pelican lights (no M6), MityLite, etc.
Princeton Tec Lights
Mag-lite MiniMag
Photon I
Misc bike lights
Misc headlamps

Europe Bound (across from Mec on King st)
------------
Photon II
Other lights
Misc headlamps

Canadian Tire (www.canadiantire.ca)
-------------
NB: Online store doesn't have everything that you can find in the actual store
Dorcy 4AA LED light
Brinkman light (2C/3C? memory is fuzzy)
Some cheap 2D angle lights
Mag-lite, solitaire, 2AA, 3C, 2D, 3D, 4D blister packs
Portable flourescent lights

Batteryzone (New Century Plaza)
-----------
Location: On Ferrier St., one light west of warden on steeles. Mall immediately north of Metro Square
Nearest intersection: Warden and Steeles

Pelican M6 and M6 LED
MiniMag presentation box (limited selection)
-> includes Nascar victory and knife edition
Solitaire presentation box
Misc Pelican Lights
Misc Princeton Tec Lights

Loblaws
-------
Saw some dorcy lights (non-LED?)

Walmart
-------
Some mag-lites
Some dorcy lights (non-LED)
Misc cheap lights (garrity/energizer)
Lantern lights

Home Depot
----------
Mag-lites
Garrity/Energizer lights
Misc lights

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif Help me expand my list! If it's popular enough, I'll put it up on a webpage...

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
Wow, pretty comprehensive list of lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Here's a couple more:
Le Baron
- Streamlight
- Browning
- M*g

R. Nicholls (Dixie & Courtneypark Mississauga)
- Surefire
- Streamlight

M.D. Charlton (Mississauga)
- Surefire?
- Streamlight

Tetragon-Tasse (Dunwyn drive, Mississauga)
- Inova
- Streamlight

The problem I find with many of the local retailers is the ridiculous prices. i.e.:

Surefire L4 - $275.00 Cdn from R. Nicholls
Surefire G2 - $65.00 Cdn from R. Nicholls
Ivova X5 - $100.00 Cdn from House of Knives chain

Combine that with time and travel to get to some of these locations and it's just not worth it.

For CMG lights, I recommend going to Kevin at BatteryStation.com, the service is top-notch. Fulton angleneck flashlights can be bought from sarcamp.com

utomatoe

Enlightened
Re: Locations for lights in Toronto (help out pls!

Thanks, I missed Tetragon..

They have Innova X5s for $59.95, pretty good. I've ordered one, but it's out of stock, gotta wait 2 weeks. Not much demand I guess.

I'm actually most interested in MiniMag 2AA boxes and bodies + clips to mod and give out as gifts.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

Home Hardware usually carries a few Dorcy's, like 4LED 2AA and the 3LED 1AA. I haven't seen the 1LED 1AAA there yet. They also carry a few LED headlamps and the usual boring lights like M*gs, Eveready, Garrity, etc. Come to think of it though, I've seen a few new ones from Garrity at Canadian Tire.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

Dorcy 4AA - C$14.99

If the site asks for a Postal Code, use mine: B0P 1G0
(bee zero pee one gee zero)
I'm pretty sure they're at all the CTC stores.

BTW, Canadian Radio Shack stores have some pretty interesting lights too: http://www.radioshack.ca

0652177_100_CC_1769c.jpg

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tent City (Steeles just west of Dufferin)
=========================================
-Various lights, several headlamps and quite a number of keychain (Photon-sized) lights. UK 4AA and Q40 (diving version of same)

Europe Bound (Opposite MEC on King St.)
=======================================
-Various lights including Black Diamond, Princeton Tec and UK (not sure about UK). Haven't been down there recently to see what's new.

I agree about the Radio Shack recommendation, too. Several of the repackaged Nuwai lights are there.

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened

Wow cool.. nice to see a list of where the goods are at here in toronto! Not sure what they have in terms of flashlights but Active Surplus on Queen St. (not to far from much music) has an incredible assortment of odds and ends that you could use for modding your lights. I'm just wondering does anyone know of an actual store i could walk into down here that sells luxeons? It would be nice to buy a bunch without having to wait for shipping.
Rock on great post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

DaMeatMan - Future Active Electronics has a store in Mississauga - call them up and see if they have any in that branch. (905)624-1125 It's in the Dixie/Eglinton industrial area (check the Yellow Pages).

wasabe64

Flashaholic*

Future doesn't stock Luxeons, I have tried to have them custom-order them for me, but they won't.

I have heard that they are no longer affiliated with Future Active.

bricksie

Newly Enlightened

I've been to le Baron, (Woodbine, south of Hwy 7) and they have a nice selection of Streamlights at what appear to be very good prices. They also have LED Lensers, everything from button cells up to the 3-C 16(?) LED one. There is an Active Electronics right beside Electrosonic (Victoria Park and Gordon Baker Rd.) and they have some Brinkmanns, but I find their prices to be rather high - for just about everything, not just flashlights.

Elmie

Enlightened

RadioShack sells quite a few LED lights now too.
Like the nuwai 1 watt LS, and a bunch of others.

utomatoe

Enlightened

Thanks for all the new locations I can faithfully spend my money at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But whatabout sources for Maglite presentation boxes? Or limited edition maglites? Maglite accessories?

Techmedic

Enlightened

Great to see that there are other Toronto area CPF'er's!

Places to get good lights are few and far between, and THEN they are greedy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

For m@g and Pelican in gift boxes, try Acklands-Grainger, west beaver creek, Richmond Hill. Check out their website (www.acklandsgrainger.com) and when you search for pelican, use "plc" as the start of the part number. This will return all Pelican products. They can ship stuff out at a reasonable cost too.
LeBaron on woodbine is excellent for pricing on streamlight's particularly the twin-task series. They stock them all, including m@g. (www.lebaron.ca)Oh yes, they also have the PT40 in stock, and can special order the PT Surge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I would recommend R. Nicholls on Warden ave. for the higher end Streamlights and Surefire's, they have most in stock. They are very helpful, and can ship stuff out for a reasonable price too. (phone: 416-285-0103) They will give stock availability and $ over the phone. I am considering ordering a batch of 123's from batterystation. (perhaps we start a new Toronto Batterystation order thread??)

For the high-end Pelicans, call Lind Equipment (www.lindequipment.net) they are the Ontario distributor for all of Pelican products. Located north of Steeles on Victoria park. They can be a tad pricey also, quoting the straight retail pricing.

Great thread people!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ET

Newly Enlightened

In the 2nd post, wasabe64 said that MD Charlton might sell Surefires. Well, they did at one point. Bought my first 6P there but I contacted them a few months ago and they don't anymore. Something about being too expensive so they're sticking with Streamlight now.

As for the mention about R Nicholls selling Surefires, they do but I find them overly expensive. Add on PST and GST and you might as well take out a loan from the bank.

Techmedic,
Batterystation is definitely a good source for cheap 123's but not sure if a group order will actually save us that much. Kevin won't understate the order amount so Customs will charge full PST and GST on it. And not sure how much lower Kevin will go on the 123's. We're already getting the CPF special price of $1US each. I suppose we'd save a tiny bit on the shipping cost but then there's the risk of the lost parcel and also having to meet up to get the batteries.

Techmedic

Enlightened

ET,

Thanks for the reply. The last time I priced out surefires (2-3 months ago) from R. Nicholls they were:

E2E; $89.99, 6P; $99.99, G2; $59.00, 8NX; $199.99 CAN
Roughly Equal to US Prices if a factor of 1.35 is used:
E2E; $75.00, 6P; 56.00, G2; $34.00, 8NX; 151.00 US
(the 6P and G2 appear heavily marked up!)
(US prices taken off the SF web page)

Remember that this is Canadian $$. Our American buddies will be having a coniption at these prices.

As for an order from Batterystation, I respect that fact that Kevin will be accurate, I expect him to.
Thanks!

Light_Headed

Newly Enlightened

PhilAlex

Enlightened

Not to be stupid, but there's always eBay. Sure, you have to wait for the auction to end, and the shipping, but I've always done right by it.