Now that's a WORKING LIGHT!

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
If you are like me, you crave adventure not for the adventure itself, but for the opportunity to use an exceptionaly awesome illumination tool for something other than a conversation piece. A real working light...

Yesterday I used my favorite "beater light" to light the way for a Christmas trip to the amazing California Coastal Giant Redwoods.

This forest is darker than every other forest as there are 300 foot trees blocking any light they can. Seriously, by 430pm the roads look the same but its necessary to have a light here in the trees.

Behold: Giant Tree. Recognized as the National Champion at 363 feet. Iluminated with a Surefire Z3 Combat Light. Bored of course. Running the crazy bright Xhp70 P60 Nickel plated copper Adventure sport drop in, in front of two Nitecore 18490 cells and wrapped between a Cryos MillSpec HAIII bezel and matching Standoff Grip Tailcap. Dont forget the Trits in case ya drop your portable-sunshine. Three green in the tail with an alternating system of yellow and orange tritium covering the bezel.

Unbelievably beautiful old growth forest illuminated with a light Jesus himself would surely find acceptable. On Christmas eve... Few are blessed with this view.

I want this light buried with me.
SfJ9MaT6eoFS94CD8

Lk19ZNUGo2p9zG6y8

https://imgur.com/a/B8nns9p

Nn78HWRkRJE3LMXE6

Ah for hell sake. .. temp Issues with pics...

PS Thanks Ven!

Br3Lh9DgS5mAzyrVjB-vcYjdYIOgo0sDJn8ciY0

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a beautiful wall of light!

You made an awesome beater light, makes me feel a bit ashamed about my beater, which is in decent condition...