saw 2 great movies today

raggie33

*the raggedier*
saw ****ie roberts and school of rock there both very good

matt_j

Enlightened
I saw Willow and Army of Darkness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know I'm stuck in the past.

Greta

Flashaholic
I saw Anger Management and S.W.A.T. this weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
To give you an idea of MY weekend

Kim Possible, about 8 times
The Piglet Movie, about 4 times
Sinbad - twice

Can you tell that we were watching my 2 neices and my nephew, along with my 2 kids

News - school just called - my daughter is sick - throwing up!

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
News - school just called - my daughter is sick - throwing up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: Kim Possible - 4 more times, Piglet Movie - 2 more times, Sinbad - 2 more times

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Last movie I watched was The Andromeda Strain...guess that kinda dates me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Next movie I'll watch will probably be either A Christmas Story or Tron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
I saw Anger Management and S.W.A.T. this weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw SWAT too, actually don't like the story too much, but all those gears made it up....not to mention all those tactical/weapon lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Translation: Kim Possible - 4 more times, Piglet Movie - 2 more times, Sinbad - 2 more times
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I'm at work - I DON'T have to see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This weekend was nuts - My B-I-L and his wife dropped their 3 kids off Thursday night till this AM - so I had a 7,5,4,3 and 14 MO running around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i rent movies i havent been to theture in a very very long time.easier to watch at home i usaly watch em on pc with headphones on sounds cooler i rent 4 new releases at time when i rent cause it is cheaper that way.still going to watch duplex today and cabin fever ( that i heard stinks)

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw SWAT too, actually don't like the story too much, but all those gears made it up....not to mention all those tactical/weapon lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I was watching it for the lights too, mainly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif M500--woo! Too bad no X200s at that point yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I was watching it for the lights too, mainly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif M500--woo! Too bad no X200s at that point yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
well i watched it for Michelle Rodriguez.but the movie was awesume to

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm....I watch for her too, she's just good at this kind of butt-kicking roles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For the x200, since they are playing LAPD SWAT and LAPD SWAT are still using the old 610R, I guess you probably won't see those around even if they were available. BTW, there's an article about LAPD SWAT in the current Combat Tactics.

Banshee

Enlightened
Thanks in no small part to my 100+ minutes of daily commuting, a Netflix subscription and a Toshiba portable DVD player, I have been able to "catch up" on some of the movies/TV shows I have missed since the birth of our daughter:

*Freaky Friday
*Office Space
***The Shield Season 2
*Roughnecks (Starship Troopers animation series)
*American Wedding
The Hulk
Legally Blonde 2
Charlie Angels 2
*League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
28 Days Later
*Identity
*Dreamcatcher
2Fast 2 Furious
*To Live and Die in LA (re-release)
*SWAT
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
***Firefly:The Series (Simply the BEST show I've never seen on TV!!)
*Confidence
Bulletproof Monk

and that's since Jan 1 !!

*-Recommended DVD rentals

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:

hmm....I watch for her too, she's just good at this kind of butt-kicking roles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For the x200, since they are playing LAPD SWAT and LAPD SWAT are still using the old 610R, I guess you probably won't see those around even if they were available. BTW, there's an article about LAPD SWAT in the current Combat Tactics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that too (that they wouldn't be using X200s). Oh well.

Anyone else notice the scene in the sewer where Gamble used the Inova X5 (looked like a blue one) to see the markings on the wall and how they added a "click" on and off sound to the light? Hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a good movie...De Ja Vu anyone?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
[ QUOTE ]
Banshee said:
Thanks in no small part to my 100+ minutes of daily commuting, a Netflix subscription and a Toshiba portable DVD player, I have been able to "catch up" on some of the movies/TV shows I have missed since the birth of our daughter:

***Firefly:The Series (Simply the BEST show I've never seen on TV!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

3 questions: How old is you daughter? And Congratulations!!
What highway do you comute on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Note to self stay off during 'drive time'.
Could you give a brief review of FireFly? I assume not about the flashlight. But I've never heard of it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love movies another good one is men of honer. was a true movie.i wish i was able to go to the theture but i have troble concentrateing in crowds

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that too (that they wouldn't be using X200s). Oh well.

Anyone else notice the scene in the sewer where Gamble used the Inova X5 (looked like a blue one) to see the markings on the wall and how they added a "click" on and off sound to the light? Hehe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just rewatched it tonight and noticed they added the clicking sound to pretty much all the lights...lol

Banshee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
3 questions: How old is you daughter? And Congratulations!!
What highway do you comute on? Note to self stay off during 'drive time'.
Could you give a brief review of FireFly? I assume not about the flashlight. But I've never heard of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My daughter is 2..and a HUGE fan of Finding Nemo..how many 2 year olds know what the "dropoff" is ! ! In fact I bought the portable DVD player for her enjoyment during our drive from MA to Emerald Island, NC last summer. Far too much Blue's Clues. Dora and Wiggles on that trip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry to disappoint WitsEnd, I drive 5 minutes to the nearby Commuter Rail station and ride the rails into Boston!

As for Firefly..this review sums up my feelings quite well:

""Firefly was an amazing show that crossed and defied genres. It was set in space but wasn't sci-fi. It was a western but, as a person that hates westerns, don't let that fool you. Featuring flawless performances that ranged from draw-dropping drama to ridiculous humor, interesting and original storylines, and believable, unique characters not found elsewhere, Firefly easily surpassed Joss Whedon's other series, Angel, and in less than a season, rivaled his prized-work, Buffy.

For those who have not seen Firefly, familiar faces would include Nathan Filion, (Caleb the Crazy Preacher of BTVS Season 7 fame,) Gina Torres, (of the Matrix movies, and from Angel, the demigoddess Jasmine,) and Summer Glau, (featured as the primaballerina in the ballet episode of Angel, Season 3.) However, Firefly is truly an ensemble piece, with a strong cast working with excellent scripts, beautiful costumes, and better special effects (which the show doesn't rely upon) than Star Wars: Episode Two.

Without giving away all the twists of the show, some of which were never fully revealed due to its short nature (which is the direct result of poor programming directors: it was a Friday night slot during baseball season, and it was constantly being moved about so that one couldn't find the show even if you tried,) Firefly features unusual relationships, such as an odd couple marriage between Zoe and Wash, the luckiest white man alive, and the most beautiful depiction of sibling love and devotion as expressed by the lenghts Dr. Simon Tam goes to for his crazy sister River.

Buy it, watch it, listen to Joss sing the theme song, and hope they do, in fact, make it in to a movie. Or just bring it back.

Two by two, hands of blue...we may never know.""