Thrunite T10 V2 discontinued? Replaced by T10 II?

Power Driver

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if the T10 V2 w/Cree XP-G3 LED was discontinued? I only show the T10 II w/XP-G2 available now. Looks like Thrunite listened to all the G3 LED and clip complaints regarding the V2 and canned it. That was fast. The new T10 II is still rated at 550 lumens using the 14500 battery and has better clip I see. I just bought one in neutral white.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite is pretty diligent in keeping their website up to date. If an item is no longer showing, it is a safe bet its no longer being produced.

The T10 loses the mechanical switch and cone diffuser for an electronic side switch and a magnetic end in the model upgrade...interesting.

Thrunite used to be all about AA and AAA variations, but now they have shifted to a smaller line up in those cells and beefed up the 18650 line up quite a bit. The added 26650 and the new 21700 battery pack model are showing a movement to higher performance/output types.

I am glad I have the ones I do.

Last edited:

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
I just discovered this by searching on Amazon. Seeing the new pic of the T10 II definitely surprised me, as the V1 is my current favorite EDC light. There seem to be a lot of changes on the new iteration. They removed the deep pocket carry clip that the V2 used to have. The modes seem to be upgraded to have firefly/strobe in addition to LMH (not sure that was needed), and almost everyone seems disappointed in the side switch that activates in pockets. Funny thing with ThruNite is my review of the T10 V1 is still there for the third generation (at least) of the light from 2015, then 2016 when I made an update about the V2.

Latest posts