Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1625

Thread: The Lounge 2019

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Lounge 2019

Iíll take some P60 lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I am trying to get a a hold of some SBT90 G2 for a T27vn build. I will post results when I have it. :-)
    Im very interested to see how this turns out! My T27 is stock.

I think the Olight SR52 host makes more sense with the 3x 18650s and more mass for heat, for SBT90 / CFT90 style LEDS but I too am eager for my expectations to be dismantled! Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by light-modder View Post
    Iíll take some P60 lamps.
    Please email me.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    I think the Olight SR52 host makes more sense with the 3x 18650s and more mass for heat, for SBT90 / CFT90 style LEDS but I too am eager for my expectations to be dismantled! Exciting!
    I have a sr52vn with cft90 so numbers and beams should be very close to if it had sbt90 g2. I will show it off tonight. I love it so much I pulled it from my store and kept it until now.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Are there any smaller lights that it will fit into? Say, the D4S size of around 40mm? Something easily jacket pocketable.... would be nice for the coming winter!

Are there any smaller lights that it will fit into? Say, the D4S size of around 40mm? Something easily jacket pocketable.... would be nice for the coming winter!
    CFT/CBT are huge LEDs on a large copper MCPCB. Will not liklu fit in a D4Svn even if there was a MCPCB made for it.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I am trying to get a a hold of some SBT90 G2 for a T27vn build. I will post results when I have it. :-)
    Oh wonderful, after I purchase two of the t27vn, (oslon black, w2) now there maybe a sbt90 g2 version! Lol
    hopefully third ones the charm.
    I also will pick up a few of the nl40 sbt 90 that glen linked.
    I already have three of your nl40vn w2 and they are great lights!
    320kcd.

First person to recommend Vinh a 40mm or smaller head size light that he can successfully fit a CFT/SBT 90 into will get a $10 PayPal gift from me LOL.

Competition starts when I say...

jk STARTING NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    Oh wonderful, after I purchase two of the t27vn, (oslon black, w2) now there maybe a sbt90 g2 version! Lol
    hopefully third ones the charm.
    I also will pick up a few of the nl40 sbt 90 that glen linked. How much are these?
    I already have three of your nl40vn w2 and they are great lights!
    320kcd.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

They were said to be under $70 for the sbt90 ones

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    They were said to be under $70 for the sbt90 ones
    That's crazy pricing for a light with SBT70G2!! Buy a few!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

That's crazy pricing for a light with SBT70G2!! Buy a few!
    Yes be thinking I will.

From now on if you are from Washington State you will ALWAYS get 10% discount from me.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

From now on if you are from Washington State you will ALWAYS get 10% discount from me.
    Seattle, here I come! Letís see what I can find on realtor.com
    haha jk.
    Hey shouldnít it be the opposite, same state...you gotta pay sales tax not get a discount. Haha jk
    Nice of you as always Vinh.

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    Seattle, here I come! Letís see what I can find on realtor.com
    haha jk.
    Hey shouldnít it be the opposite, same state...you gotta pay sales tax not get a discount. Haha jk
    Nice of you as always Vinh.
    I feel so bad for cnd and aus exchange rates but I havnt figured a way to help out that doesnt seem discriminate...
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

What ever happened to lights like the Nitecore TM10K? Anyone have one of these? It was the coolest light Iíve ever seen, but couldnít purchase due to price initially. Now itís a bit dated, but I would love to purchase a light just like it, fresh off the drawing board... something with the latest technology. Iíve never known another light to fit so perfectly into a suit jacket inner chest pocket, and still put out 10k lumens, even if only for 30-60 seconds, that is perfectly okay.

Does anyone know of another flat/wide light shaped like a slim rectangle/square with massive performance? I cant deal with the bulky circular heads of 98% of lights for tiny pockets without noticeable bulge in a suit. Yet, I want the massive performance for the parking lot at night.

What ever happened to lights like the Nitecore TM10K? Nothing. Its still a great light if you only need Turbo for short bursts.

Anyone have one of these? Mine is kind of messed up as I took it apart.

It was the coolest light Iíve ever seen, but couldnít purchase due to price initially. Now itís a bit dated, Not really. Still nothing of the same size puting out the same output. Can't be dated if there is better alternative.

but I would love to purchase a light just like it, fresh off the drawing board... something with the latest technology. It still have the latest Tech. 6 XHP35 is very relevant.

Iíve never known another light to fit so perfectly into a suit jacket inner chest pocket, and still put out 10k lumens, Seee that's why its still relevant. There are no replacement/alternative. Its just not popular for different reasons but certainly not performance to size ratio that you are after.

even if only for 30-60 seconds, that is perfectly okay. The light does just what you are asking for.

Does anyone know of another flat/wide light shaped like a slim rectangle/square with massive performance? C2vn but you are exchanging size and lumen for throw and capacity.

I cant deal with the bulky circular heads of 98% of lights for tiny pockets without noticeable bulge in a suit. Agree. I love flat lights too.

Yet, I want the massive performance for the parking lot at night.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Thanks for the response, Vinh.

If only it were like 50$ cheaper and the 21700 battery was interchangeable, rather than welded inside, Iíd jump on it pretty quick. A locked in battery pack is a bit of a turn off, in the event that anything goes wrong...

If only it were like 50$ cheaper and the 21700 battery was interchangeable, rather than welded inside, Iíd jump on it pretty quick. A locked in battery pack is a bit of a turn off, in the event that anything goes wrong...

So $200 price point and a interchangeable 21700 seals the deal?
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I just saw some killer deals on AllMaybe Chargers on Illumn. At first I was like what the heck...Allmaybe?! Why not AllCertainly?! hahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Iíve never known another light to fit so perfectly into a suit jacket inner chest pocket, and still put out 10k lumens, even if only for 30-60 seconds, that is perfectly okay.
    Just a thought Energizer, the TM10K is 31mm thick! ...and not just 31mm thick across a radius, it's 31mm thick across 41mm of width. The other day you mentioned that the under 25mm in diameter, FW3A was too chunky to EDC...? Okay, fair enough, everyone has their preferences but now you're talking about putting a 31x41x110mm in a suit pocket. Whether or not it produces 3000L, 4000L or 10,000L, it's still 31mm thick.

So $200 price point and a interchangeable 21700 seals the deal?
    If however, the dimensions aren't too much, it sounds like Vinh is offering to set you up with something that meets your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Just a thought Energizer, the TM10K is 31mm thick! ...and not just 31mm thick across a radius, it's 31mm thick across 41mm of width. The other day you mentioned that the under 25mm in diameter, FW3A was too chunky to EDC...? Okay, fair enough, everyone has their preferences but now you're talking about putting a 31x41x110mm in a suit pocket. Whether or not it produces 3000L, 4000L or 10,000L, it's still 31mm thick.

If however, the dimensions aren't too much, it sounds like Vinh is offering to set you up with something that meets your requirements.
    Hi Patriot, for clarification:

Notice I said ďsuit inner jacket pocketĒ verses the other day I was referring to pants pockets.

Suit inner jacket pockets, on each side of the chest, can hold wallet shaped items with zero bulge, and 25mm is no problem there either.

I dont wear a suit jacket to work, but any time I go for an outing or elsewhere, or on occasions for work, I wear a suit jacket. Therefore there are two types of EDC, suit pants pockets, which 25mm is too bulgy, and suit jacket chest pockets, which can hold a thick wallet shape just fine because it lays flat against the chest, rather than following the curvature of a leg.

I did take note of this intriguing light when it was released.

The manufacturers website claims that interchangeable battery causes too much contact resistance. I thought this would be an issue with more cells, such as 8 x cells. Lower contact resistance with non-use replaceable cells, versus more user control with external charging, interchangeable cells. Is Nitecore exaggerating extra resistance from one cell, to justify user irreplaceability?
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    The manufacturers website claims that interchangeable battery causes too much contact resistance. I thought this would be an issue with more cells, such as 8 x cells. Lower contact resistance with non-use replaceable cells, versus more user control with external charging, interchangeable cells. Is Nitecore exaggerating extra resistance from one cell, to justify user irreplaceability?
    This light caught my eye as well because of the dimensions and output and the fact that there's really nothing else like it.

Certainly, Nitecore has plenty of other lights with interchangeable batteries and they don't seem to fret contact resistance where those are concerned. I suppose we can only speculate but I think "contact resistance" is simply marketing misdirection for... a replaceable battery compartment, conflicted with the overall engineering concept of the light and didn't seem feasible considering things like, water resistance, OLED display, USB port, unique controls, etc. When a light doesn't have a round body, it complicates the sealing of the battery compartment and requires specifically designed latches, catches and seals in order to get cells in and out, yet remain water resistant. With a starting price of $300, they probably didn't want to invest even more heavily and potentially abandon their target market. Like most designs, it's a calculated compromise and with people getting so used to the idea of rechargeable, internal battery devices, the power supply kind of makes sense for this type of light.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I did take note of this intriguing light when it was released.

I think they could have made the battery interchangeability if they wanted to. Same goes for the C2vn. Inside it was just protected IMR Nitecore cells. Post 38: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...hrower-R/page2

Nitecore have innovative engineers. They just need to hire me to give them final feedbacks. ahhaha JK
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Just an FYI

Acebeam 5100mAh is a Samsung 50E. Samsung 50E is 5000mAh. I used my Opus BT-C3100 and tested the AB 5100mAh and it turned out to be about 5000mAh just like the 50E. So yeah...I guess the extra 100mAh is a marketing lie.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Reminds me of an old warship cannon muzzle end

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34346474849505152535455 LastLast