Prometheus        
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1594

Thread: The Lounge 2019

Default Re: The Lounge 2019

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I have a very random question.

Does anyone feel they are patriotic?
    Hard to answer in a few sentences but sure, in a reservedly thankful and discerning way. I know that I could have been born anywhere and instead I was born here, in a nation with Judeo-Christian heritage and a Bill of Rights. I'm very thankful that my forefathers desired to exist without the fist of tyranny hanging above them. I'm still free to exercise what I consider to be God given rights as a human being. Free societies are very dependent upon self/individual-governance and as individuals continue to oppose objective moral standards, the freedoms that we've enjoyed will fade. With that stated, many people around the world experience unfathomable anguish, persecution and subjugation, at the hands of authoritarian political ideologies, rooted in the transgression of God's laws. On a national level, we've not endured this kind of overwhelming oppression and because of that, I'm patriotic but with thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    Hard to answer in a few sentences but sure, in a reservedly thankful and discerning way. I know that I could have been born anywhere and instead I was born here, in a nation with Judeo-Christian heritage and a Bill of Rights. I'm very thankful that my forefathers desired to exist without the fist of tyranny hanging above them. I'm still free to exercise what I consider to be God given rights as a human being. Free societies are very dependent upon self/individual-governance and as individuals continue to oppose objective moral standards, the freedoms that we've enjoyed will fade. With that stated, many people around the world experience unfathomable anguish, persecution and subjugation, at the hands of authoritarian political ideologies, rooted in the transgression of God's laws. On a national level, we've not endured this kind of overwhelming oppression and because of that, I'm patriotic but with thanksgiving.
    Mann I wish i can write that good. Thanks for sharing. 3 person chosen to share their thoughts on this matter over email instead. I enjoy reading them very much. :-)
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

I have a very random question.

Does anyone feel they are patriotic? Doesn't matter what country you are form. Just simply yes or not. Just curious. Nowadays this might be a question people are not willing to answer for whatever reason...
    Yes, I am unabashedly patriotic. I think it's so sad that this could be considered a bad thing, or that it strictly labeled as a "one side" kinda deal. The mere fact that someone could go out and say "I hate this country, I hate this leader, everything sucks" and NOT have any government repercussions is exactly a reason to be patriotic. Unfortunately, a lot of people have lost sight of what the USA stands to be- a place for all to live free in pursuit of their own happiness in their own way.

Like Patriot, I was most fortunate to have been born into a country where Freedom is paramount, where our forefathers cared for it above all else, and understood most of the innate rights every human being has that is born to this world. I do not deny that the USA is far from a perfect place. Neither does it mean that I blindly support the actions taken by those in power, because at the end of the day, they live in their own world and do not have to suffer ours- the world they "create for us." I always tell my family: 'They do not care about us.'

The US isn't simply the face of the person behind the Resolute Desk or the party they represent, the USA is what WE all make it, the USA is the sum of all her people, places, and ideas. This transcends "bi-partisan" as it involves all parties whether or not they make it on the ballot.

I will never be ashamed of this land, I will never be ashamed of the people I inhabit the land with, and I will never be ashamed of the principles upon which we have laid the foundations for our society. There is a long, winding, and often treacherous road stretched out before us, that leads far beyond any perception of ours. Together, and only together as a people, we will make this journey.

E pluribus unum

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Not under Trumps America!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My patriotism never waned during President Obama's two terms, perhaps due to the fact that I never considered the country to be "Obama's America".
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    My patriotism never waned during President Obama's two terms, perhaps due to the fact that I never considered the country to be "Obama's America".
    Yeah pretty sure this is still our America.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

ReyLight Triple Ti DawnVN

• Body, Clip & Screws Polished
    • Clip edges rounded off for comfort
    • Rear perimeter rounded off for comfort
    • 3 extra layer copper internal HS
    • Green GITD Gasket
    • Everything solder bonded for continuous heat flow
    • Optics legs shaved for careful White1 beam focus
    • Excellent beam
    • MTN 20DDM User Programmable Driver
    • Trits installed

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Do you bore out to fit mtn20 driver vs the stock TA driver? What didnt you like about the 18mm TA?

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Do you bore out to fit mtn20 driver vs the stock TA driver? What didnt you like about the 18mm TA?

I got the light with the MTN20 so I reuse the driver. I only did the other work minus the trits install. .
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Great looking light! I really like those GITD gaskets and it would be nice to have those for our quad set-ups.

P.S. Don't go dropping that off any 4 story buildings because those trit vials probably won't like that!

I got the light with the MTN20 so I reuse the driver. I only did the other work minus the trits install. .
    Oh nice! That 18mm driver is a stupid number. Dang this is so tempting I want is so bad!

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Oh nice! That 18mm driver is a stupid number. Dang this is so tempting I want is so bad!

I actually hoping it doesn't sell. Such a nice light.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Yes. Nice light. The ReyLight pill fits 18mm drivers so the 20mm driver was shaved down to fit it.

TK47vn now with 70.2 and smooth reflector making a surprisingly filled hot spot
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Thinking Re: The Lounge 2019

Anyone wondering what might happen to a TX25Cvn sent through the washing machine by an individual in a half drunken stupor around 2am....?

I selflessly took it upon myself to run such an experiment on my very own Tx25Cvn. I embarked on a short walk up to the local bar and proceeded to consume a few beers and shots of tequila.....in the name of science. Remaining focused like a laser I headed home to put one TX25Cvn into the washer along with some other items left inside the pocket of a pair of jeans. The next morning and one wash cycle later I retrieved the flashlight. I immediately turned the light on, only to simulate a panicked light owners actions of course. The light turned on with one caveat, in was continuously cycling through all intensities and would not turn off. I then dissembled the light to let the pieces dry. This process was just the unscrewing of the body, head, and bezel. There was water visible and directly on the LED and its pad. I PRETENDED to panic and rationalize/bargain with myself....in the name of science and keeping in character with what someone whom maybe in this scenario would do. After a few days I reassembled the light and ran it through the paces to discover everything was functioning perfectly.

I was not paid or compensated in any manner to post this review. Some may feel inspired to donate to such a noble cause and efforts undertaken....but that was not the motivation for this experiment.

​edit: typo
    Last edited by LAtraffic; 09-18-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAtraffic View Post
    Anyone wondering what might happen to a TX25Cvn sent through the washing machine by an individual in a half drunken stupor around 2am....?

I selflessly took it upon myself to run such an experiment on my very own Tx25Cvn. I embarked on a short walk up to the local bar and proceeded to consume a few beers and shots of tequila.....in the name of science. Remaining focused like a laser I headed home to put one TX25Cvn into the washer along with some other items left inside the pocket of a pair of jeans. The next morning and one wash cycle later I retrieved the flashlight. I immediately turned the light on, only to simulate a panicked light owners actions of course. The light turned on with one caveat, in was continuously cycling through all intensities and would not turn off. I then dissembled the light to let the pieces dry. This process was just the unscrewing of the body, head, and bezel. There was water visible and directly on the LED and its pad. I PRETENDED to panic and rationalize/bargain with myself....in the name of science and keeping in character with what someone whom maybe in this scenario would do. After a few days I reassembled the light and ran it through the paces to discover everything was functioning perfectly.

I was not paid or compensated in any manor to post this review. Some may feel inspired to donate to such a noble cause and efforts undertaken....but that was not the motivation for this experiment.
    Wow that was entertaining.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by LAtraffic View Post

I was not paid or compensated in any manor to post this review. Some may feel inspired to donate to such a noble cause and efforts undertaken....but that was not the motivation for this experiment.
    You could do this as another torture test to SLN Vinh! Joking, not joking.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

I believe you meant ‘manner’ rather than ‘manor’?

Regardless, LAtraffic, you’re an excellent writer and story teller. You should seriously consider making a profit off that talent, if you aren’t already!

I second Vinh’s comment. Entertaining by every meaning of the word! Hats off to you.

Last edited by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen; 09-17-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    You could do this as another torture test to SLN Vinh! Joking, not joking.
    Hmmm may be I will hahah
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    I believe you meant ‘manner’ rather than ‘manor’?

Regardless, LAtraffic, you’re an excellent writer and story teller. You should seriously consider making a profit off that talent, if you aren’t already!

I second Vinh’s comment. Entertaining by every meaning of the word! Hats off to you.

Wow that was entertaining.

Hahah, thank you guys for the kind words.

You are correct, manner is a much better fit than "manor." Hahah oops

My K75vn w/ Driver VNX3 w/specs should arrive today or tomorrow... so excited!!! I took my Skylumen Delta out last night to get me all hyped up (I usually only carry the MicroGTvn W1.1) so I was teasing myself with 450kcd.... can’t wait to see what 1.7mcd+ looks like with a mega wide beam!! Totally freaking out, hearts pumping out me chest haha.

My K75vn w/ Driver VNX3 w/specs should arrive today or tomorrow... .
    Beamshots required!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Beamshots required!
    Heh... I’m not much of a photographer, but I will try to whip out a cell phone and at least point it into the night sky! I don’t have any decent area with distance to show the true capabilities, my max target is like... 15 meters LOL. Camera will step down soooo much I bet.

What are some good spots you guys make use of for long distance lighting?

English punctuation question.:

Bronco posted:
    "My pleasure, Vinh. And many thanks ..."

I get it that there must be a comma after pleasure before adding someone's name. I do it too unless I forget. However I only do it because that's proper English. But I don't understand why. My question is why is the comma there? We don't speak that way. I would never say "My pleasure "pause" Bronco". I would just say everything together. So if this is not a speech thing why it is only relevant to writing/literature. I know, the question makes me sound a little dumb but I kinda am when it comes to English/Grammer.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

By the way just a reminder. When writing emails to me please please please put thoughts and questions in bullet/list form when possible. This way I can reply in red right next to it in a simple fashion. I am getting way too many emails daily and the large paragraphs are overwhelming. Thankessssssssssssssss
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Ha-ha, if anyone finds a Rhyme or Reason to the English language, let us all know. Although I'm a native English speaker, I'm married to a native Spanish speaker. You should see the ridiculous look on my own face when I'm trying to explain some fine point of grammar to her. LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    If I were a more eloquent writer, and able to express my own views and feelings in a clear, concise manner; this very well could have been written by that more well spoken "me" lol

Flashaholic

interesting to see a black line in the middle of the beam...

What are some good spots you guys make use of for long distance lighting?
    Here's half dome lit by a W30 at ~3900m distance from Glacier Point in Yosemite:

Bronco posted:

I get it that there must be a comma after pleasure before adding someone's name. I do it too unless I forget. However I only do it because that's proper English. But I don't understand why. My question is why is the comma there? We don't speak that way. I would never say "My pleasure "pause" Bronco". I would just say everything together. So if this is not a speech thing why it is only relevant to writing/literature. I know, the question makes me sound a little dumb but I kinda am when it comes to English/Grammer.
    Maybe because without the comma you could be referring to "your pleasure bronco", a bull you ride that gives you enjoyment? Just a guess, English may be my first (and only) language, but I've never claimed to have mastered it.

Flashaholic

Bronco posted:

This is a form of direct address. That's when some "message" (the thanks in this case) is conveyed to an individual or group (which is the direct address).

It is convention that the target is separated with a comma.

Otherwise, something like "You're welcome Rob" could be ambiguously parsed as "You are 'welcome Rob'".

That is an interesting question Vinh.

Grammar is very complex. Norms are used to reduce ambiguity. Spoken and written language are an attempt to coney a cognitive thought process.

The first line of this post: What is the Object? What is the Subject? Is the content indicative, interrogative, possessive, dative, genitive, locative, accusative, ergative, instructive, instrumental, nominative, or sociative, or other? The presence or absence of the comma in the first line of this post may change the meaning of the thought that the writer wants to communicate to the reader.

In written language, the presence of the comma, or the lack of the comma, gives the reader the idea that the writer wants to convey to the reader.

Consider how the picture changes below, when the comma is added:

A panda eats shoots and leaves.

A violent restaurant patron eats, shoots and leaves.

Also: The final ruling on the Second Amendment may hinge on how the supreme court interprets the comma. Google search: how a comma changes the second amendment
    Imalent R90TS. Acebeam two X65Vn, K75, X45vn70.2. Eagtac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fx TK75vnQ70. Nc TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Tnt TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384142434445464748495051525354 LastLast