Anyone here have a streamlight 3AA light???

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at the streamlight TL2, and TL3, but noticed they only use the 123 size batteries. I then noticed the streamlight twintask 3AA I think thats the name. Anyway, if you have, or have handled one of these 3AA streamlights, could you give details as to brightness, runtime, throw, etc?, I would really appreciate it..

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I assume you mean a Tasklight 3AA Luxeon....

If so, I have one. And it's a great little light.

Brightness is about equivalent to my 4 x D Maglite with the EverLED drop-in bulb replacement. It's also much whiter than my EverLED or Epeion, both of which have a slight (more than slight on the Epeion) greenish tint.

Throw has been adequate for anything I've tried -- general household chores as well as drills with my volunteer disaster response team.

I haven't had it long enough to have a feel for runtime. It's still on the original batteries, with probably no more than an hour or two total usage.

The only downside is that it isn't current regulated, so the light output will dim over time as the batteries discharge. I have two of the UK 4LED lights on order, which are regulated, and should receive them tomorrow. I understand the Streamlight is brighter, but with regulation I may end up liking the UK better. We'll have to see.

Oh, and durability. The Streamlight is made of heavy machined aluminum, and is probably indestructable in normal (and even abnormal!) usage.

The Streamlight was sufficient to impress my non-Flashaholic friends. They all wanted one, until they learned the price!

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
yeah tasklight 3AA I guess I got em mixed up. Thanks for the review, the length would be a little hard to get used to, I was hoping they had the tasklight in a 2AA model, but it will mostly be used to work on my truck, where I will probably leave it most of the time..

jbrett14

Enlightened
I recently bought one online, because I liked the location of the switch. Not really knowing what to expect from this light, I was shocked to see how powerful it is for it's size. Brightness and throw are fantastic. As far as runtime, I had left mine on for a few hours using rechargeables, and it was still bright. When I first got it, I turned it on and my wife couldn't see with normal vision for about 30 minutes. I didn't realize she was looking directly at the lens when I turned it on. My bad. I have not found any flaw in this light yet. Very good quality. Paid $35