• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Body extender for Boss 70?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A single-cell body extender could add some flexibility to both versions; I have a Boss35 and would certainly like having the option of 1x18650.

Also, if the situation occured that CR123 primaries were the only remaining option, 3xCR123 in a Boss70 would not only have a 50% higher wattage limit compared to 2xCR123, but would also obtain greater chemical efficiently on medium modes by demanding less current from each of the three cells.

An interesting idea.

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single-cell body extender could add some flexibility to both versions; I have a Boss35 and would certainly like having the option of 1x18650.

Also, if the situation occured that CR123 primaries were the only remaining option, 3xCR123 in a Boss70 would not only have a 50% higher wattage limit compared to 2xCR123, but would also obtain greater chemical efficiently on medium modes by demanding less current from each of the three cells.

An interesting idea.

Isn't 3xcr123 outside of operating voltage for the 371d LE used in the BOSS?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
No, the voltage under load for 3xCR123 is almost identical to the voltage for 2xLiIon, and the design parameters for the Boss70 includes that configuration.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Just to clarify, I'm certainly no expert on the design; just that since it's rated for 2xLiIon, 3xCR123 is almost identical to that.