FourSevens        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    If I may make a suggestion...

The titanium executive is a true grail flashlight. If it were mine, I'd hesitate to install any emitter that I had not used in person. If you're already invested in this HDS restoration project, I might suggest slowing things down and buying and aluminium executive with the XPG3. You can always resell the light in the market place for a marginal loss, if you like. At least then, you will be fully informed.

Just my thoughts. Whatever you decide, you've got a piece of flashlight art. I'm looking forward to your opinions and smattering of photos.

Cheers
    Great words of wisdom. I made the decision to install the High CRI high Noon in the Titanium Restoration light. The upgrade is paid and the light is packed in a box and ready to mail in the morning. I have good experience with that emitter and really like it. After much analysis, what swayed my decision is that my primary purpose for the HDS lights is at a distance of 50 feet or less. Within that 50 feet both emitters work and I want high CRI, have experience with three different HDS High CRI emitters (4000K, 4500K and 5700K), and like the High Noon version the best for my uses indoor and outdoor. I will use that Titanium light every single day. It is so cool to hold and there is no paint to wear off from holster use. Plus, people do not know what it is, and I won't tell them, which makes it that much more special to carry.

I do want the XPG3 but do no want to add a sixth HDS light to my collection. Considering selling the Executive 219b 4500K R9080 High CRI light to purchase the XPG. That is my next decision and I will slow walk it for a few days as I know I will likely never be able to purchase that HDS light/emitter combination again.

Great photos and comparisons in this thread! Thank you.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 03-17-2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    Considering selling the Executive 219b 4500K R9080 High CRI light to purchase the XPG.
    If you decide to let it go, there's a bloke on the other side of the pond who would likely snatch it up. It's a grail in its own right. Can't imagine selling mine. I carry it everywhere.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Flashaholic

Considering selling the Executive 219b 4500K R9080 High CRI light to purchase the XPG.
    If you do, I think you will regret it. But you will make someone's Paratus holiday very special indeed.

It's a grail in its own right. Can't imagine selling mine.
    Amen.
    Last edited by lion504; 03-17-2019 at 04:51 PM.

(Trying to decide which emitter to put in my Titanium Executive upgrade between the High Noon and XPG3..
    i really do like my G3, and i like it more and more as i put it to use, but the Ti just feels like a high noon, and since it is a true grail, its unlikely id pick any emitter over the noon.

I sincerely doubt you will be dissatisfied whichever route you take. But a Ti high noon Exec sounds like a pretty nice pairing.

..... from a pure numbers perspective, there cant be a ton of high noons left, but lots of G3's
    Last edited by DinoCakes; 03-17-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoCakes View Post
    ... but the Ti just feels like a high noon, and since it is a true grail, its unlikely id pick any emitter over the noon...
    Word.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

If you decide to let it go, there's a bloke on the other side of the pond who would likely snatch it up. It's a grail in its own right. Can't imagine selling mine. I carry it everywhere.
    I m on the hunt for a Sw45 R9080 also and I m stateside now!
    Don’t Tread On Me

Flashaholic

The titanium executive is a true grail flashlight.
    True, if it were me I'd just appreciate the light for what it is in it's original form, no upgrades, save the costs too. I mean it's not as if the light is dead or has anything wrong with it, it's a perfectly good working light.
    - I don't make fanboy recommendations, if I recommend a light it's because it's the most practical option for your intended application.
    - Whatever light you carry, no keychain should be without a Photon Micro-Light II.

Really liking this G3 at lower levels (well also the medium and high) But that creamy beam with just a bit more oomph from the throw makes for a pretty nice low-medium output emitter.

This one really deserves a pass around

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    ... considering the limited number we could get of the XP-G3 with this bin code it is far more likely we will run out of XP-G3 emitters long before running out of XP-G2.
    My XPG3 has been ordered in an aluminum Executive head. After reading through this thread and all of the great comparison photos and charts and graphs, I had to have one. What really compelled me was a confluence of experiences - I tried a Golden Dragon this weekend and liked the focused beam of light, saw DinoCakes multiple photo comparisons to the High Noon emitter, know that Dan sourced the best BIN, and the XPG3 has a temp of 5,000 which is not as harsh on the eyes at night. Lastly, it is my opinion that objects outside like leaves, branches, and grass blades looked sharper in all of the comparison photos when put side to side with the High CRI emitters.

Besides, I had an extra unused Executive battery tube waiting...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678