Imalent        
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

Default HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

HDS is now offering a 325 lumen thrower. Yep. If you want an HDS light with more throw than what has been offered in the past, you are in luck. Previously your choice was the 325 XP-L or the 250 XP-G2. While both of these have the same amount of throw the 325 XP-L has a wider beam pattern. Now you get the narrower 250 XP-G2 beam, but with 75 more lumens to push further out.

What is it? It is an XP-G3 with a very special bin code. No, it is not an XP-G3 that is found in cheap-ass lights that is a puke green color. Just look at the sphere data below and you can see that it falls on the Black Body Radiator line. If you see green in this beam, you need to see an optometrist. These were not easy emitters to source. The color temperature, as you can see in the sphere data is right at 5000k. Not cool. Not warm.
    These are a limited offering.

Ready… set… GO! HDS Systems Custom Page

Welcome to 2019!

Beam shots coming later this evening or early tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 01-07-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

Got.

Flashaholic

Sold!

That's going in my new holster!

What’s the cri like?

Awesome!

It says under the description a cri of around 71

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    What’s the cri like?
    CRI is around 71. That should be in the description on the HDS web sight. 1 CRI less than the 250.

Comparison white wall beam shot crossing the beams.

Left is the 325 5000k longer throw, right is the 250 6200k.

Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 01-07-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    I'm old, cranky, and don't like private messages. Please don't private message me as that is reserved for moderators giving me warnings that I rightly deserve. Thank you.

Now your talking! Haven’t bought a new HDS in awhile but this I want.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Me either. Thanks for knocking me off the no flashlight wagon hogo.

Flashaholic

Yikes,
    Mi receipt's light description doesn't show NLT for neutral long throw. I hope I ordered correctly.

Flashaholic

Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl S View Post
    Yikes,
    Mi receipt's light description doesn't show NLT for neutral long throw. I hope I ordered correctly.
    You ordered correctly. Just checked.

Flashaholic

Thanks for checking Hogo!

& me? Mine right?

I have to say that's the best looking XPG3 I've seen.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

& me? Mine right?
    LOL! Yes. Your's is correct as well.

Sweet. Thanks for checking

Hogo how’s this compared to the much wanted r9080? Cri info and computer data not necessary but for the eyes in say the city or forest in the dark with no other light? Nice tint, pleasant? Thanks for the heads up.
    Don’t Tread On Me

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Hogo how’s this compared to the much wanted r9080? Cri info and computer data not necessary but for the eyes in say the city or forest in the dark with no other light? Nice tint, pleasant? Thanks for the heads up.
    I think the tint is quite pleasant but tint is highly subjective. I haven't had much time to play with it at all, but so far, I quite like it. Does seem to push out a little further than the 250, but right now I'm not at a place to really test it like I want (middle of the desert at night). I should have more of a chance in the next week or so to take it on "walkabout".

Cool! Does work time remain the same?

@Hogo
    Cool deal I ll look forward to a report cause I m definitely interested in it. I m currently looking for a R9080 sw45 and though it’s hi cri I d love to hear that 325 is a better performer than the 9080... plus i know the 71 vs 93 approximately may be a huge difference on the sphere but can we see the difference with our eyes and which in your opinion would you recommend to be the better and most useful of the 2?
    Don’t Tread On Me

@Hogo
    Cool deal I ll look forward to a report cause I m definitely interested in it. I m currently looking for a R9080 sw45 and though it’s hi cri I d love to hear that 325 is a better performer than the 9080... plus i know the 71 vs 93 approximately may be a huge difference on the sphere but can we see the difference with our eyes and which in your opinion would you recommend to be the better and most useful of the 2?
    Can't really compare the NB45 to this. One is for color rendering, and one is for seeing farther. To me, it looks much warmer than 5000k but I am playing with the one taken right from the sphere so I know it is 5000k.

Does it really punch out farther... it has about the same beam pattern as the 250 but with a lower color temp and 75 more lumens. I tend to think that cooler temps seem to punch out more than warmer temps but that could just be my old eyes... and honestly, 75 lumens from 250-325 really isn't a big difference (heck, I still my High Noon all time). To my eyes, it does punch out a hair further, but with a slightly more pleasant tint.

Default HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

I really like my nb45, but it needs punch. I’ll try to put up 3o’clock, nb45 & the newbie shots when it arrives. Or after I’m back from vacation.
    Last edited by Tejasandre; 01-08-2019 at 09:54 AM.

I really like my nb45, but it needs punch. I’ll try to put up 3o’clock, nb45 & the newbie shots when it arrives. Or after I’m back from vacation.
    Thanks I was looking for a 45 but guts telling me to be happy with the high noon. If it ain’t got punch I won’t be happy with it.
    Don’t Tread On Me

Thanks I was looking for a 45 but guts telling me to be happy with the high noon. If it ain’t got punch I won’t be happy with it.
    It’s enough to “see” to the end of my backyard, but not enough to “light it up”. If that makes any sense. Of course a q8 doesn’t really pocket carry though. Lol.

Looking forward to outdoor beamshots on this light.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Looking forward to outdoor beamshots on this light.
    Me too!
    Don’t Tread On Me

Ordered one, couldn’t take it anymore.

I'm sure this has been measured at some point, but what is the lux at one meter from an HDS? Is there a comparison chart somewhere with different emitters?
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I’m waiting to see how much of an improvement it really is. I kill the throw on my HDS most of the time with diffuse reflectors but it would be nice to have one that can punch a little as well. Very interesting!
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I'm sure this has been measured at some point, but what is the lux at one meter from an HDS? Is there a comparison chart somewhere with different emitters?
    I have some numbers that I measured myself. Standard caveat applies here, as always -- my meter is a reasonably cheap light meter that I think is fine for this usage and tends to jive quite nicely with numbers tested on much nicer equipment and/or published by manufacturers, but it is not a NIST-certified meter. Wish I had one, but I don't. So take all these numbers with a grain of salt, so to speak:

Light / Emitter Tested Lumens Candela Throw
    HCri200 (stock 200 lm 219b) 204 3000 cd 110 meters
    HDS 250 (stock 250 lm Cree XP-G2) 252 4500 cd 134 meters
    Modded - Nichia 219b SW45k 198 3000 cd 110 meters
    Modded - XP-L HI 3D 322 6200 cd 157 meters
    Modded - Samsung LH351d 360 2900 cd 109 meters
    Ra GD170 (Osram Golden Dragon) 160 4100 cd 128 meters

A few things to note:

• I included the tested lumens numbers so you could get an idea of how my cheap meter lines up with HDSs good equipment, so you can formulate your own "correction factor" for my numbers or whatever you need to do. Plus it gives you a baseline for the modded lights which are unique.
    • The Stock Hcri200 219b and my modded SW45k 219b read almost exactly the same. That's to be expected but just wanted to highlight.
    • I don't have numbers for a stock 325, never tested one. Sorry.
    • I also don't have numbers on any of the official Nichia 219c runs, like the High Noon or 3 o'clock high. I didn't get in on those. But since they're very similar in size to the 219b and also tuned to output 200 lumens I'd expect very similar throw numbers as well, so I think 3000cd/110 meters is a safe estimate on those.
    • The Ra Clicky is just included as a reference point, and maybe an illustration of how beam shape effects these numbers. That's the lowest lumen light on the list but far from the shortest throw distance. In fact it makes less than half the lumens of the Samsung but easily out-throws it, because its tiny and produces a narrow beam.

So I'll leave it at that for others to draw their own conclusions about the possible performance of the XP-G3. I don't have much experience with that emitter so won't be any help there. Sorry.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast