Imalent        
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213
Results 361 to 388 of 388

Thread: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

  1. #361
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    I'm happy to say I placed an order for an edc tactical with the 325 nlt. This will be my first time with an HDS in person, and I can't wait to abuse it at work, walking the dog, and for every other task that comes up!

    Thanks to everyone for the conversation in this thread and helping me make up my mind!

  2. #362

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Congrats on the new light, you will enjoy it for sure!

  3. #363
    *Flashaholic* PoliceScannerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gainesville,FL
    Posts
    8,353

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    You're gonna be a happy camper!!!

  4. #364
    usdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Sticks
    Posts
    1,866

    Default HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_sk View Post
    I have just received my HDS NLT - I need to wait for the night to test :-). But first I want to ask if this is considered normal. The threads are gritty and have an uneven coat of anodizing on them. I think the grittiness is caused by the anodizing, but I can't quite tell - maybe it's also the aluminum threads. Should this anodizing be in better shape or is just a leftover from manufacturing and it doesn't have any impact on the functionality or thread wear resistance?



    Iíve personally never seen that on any of mine and I ve had many.... literally a few grands worth when you count it up. Fwiw some may be ok with it but I personally would not be.

    But then I am very critical, very picky and I like things to be smooth, even, and clean.
    Last edited by usdiver; 10-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Donít Tread On Me

  5. #365
    RCS1300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Iíve personally never seen that on any of mine and I ve had many.... literally a few grands worth when you count it up. Fwiw some may be ok with it but I personally would not be.

    But then I am very critical, very picky and I like things to be smooth, even, and clean.

    I would be perfectly fine with that light. Looks like it was anodized before the threads were cut. The threads look perfectly fine. Not a problem for me and I currently have five HDS lights including a HDS upgraded Titanium and the 325 Neutral Long Throw XPG3.

  6. #366
    peter yetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    North Norfolk UK
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    A few battery swaps and that'll be gone.
    P
    "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

  7. #367
    usdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Sticks
    Posts
    1,866

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    A few battery swaps and that'll be gone.
    P
    Or a bit of tlc and some thousand grit paper. If itís just the ano thatís in and out it s ok but if the threads are actually gritty and have a bit of shavings or not clean cut which (can happen) and therefore affecting functionality then I d have to get it fixed.
    A lot of it comes from time on the flight deck, working in manufacturing and the lack of patience plus I ve had galling with another maker and though the acme threads are robust they can still be roughed up if one isnít careful.
    Donít Tread On Me

  8. #368

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    I just received a high noon and the threads are just like the photo above... I bought it second hand and wasn't sure what happened. It is the only one of the hds lights I have ever seen like this and I have bought and sold many. I took some sand paper to it and immediately noticed the coating is much harder than I thought... It doesn't sand off as easy as I thought it would. Maybe I need more elbow grease...
    Last edited by TheJlew85; 10-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.

  9. #369

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Don't be messing with the threads with sand paper.
    If you want them cleaned off, you can use lye to remove the portions that are anodized... but if you get it anywhere else on the light, it will remove the anodizing there are well. The threads are not chipped. It is just there is anodizing on some from where they were masked when put in the ano tank.

    If the looks of the threads bother you, keep the light screwed together! LOL!
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  10. #370

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Don't be messing with the threads with sand paper.

    I had to. She needed a bit of smoothing out. All better now. Iím not concerned. I just havenít seen one like that before. It made me wonder how it got that way is all.
    Last edited by TheJlew85; 10-11-2019 at 05:25 PM.

  11. #371

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJlew85 View Post
    I had to. She needed a bit of smoothing out. All better now. Iím not concerned. I just havenít seen one like that before. It made me wonder how it got that way is all.
    LOL! Trust me. I do understand.
    There are a couple ways the threads can be done in production. One way is for them to be masked during the anodizing process. The second way is to have them go back to the machinist after anodizing and have them cut a second time. The former is far from perfect. The later is more time (especially with our machinist).
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  12. #372

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    LOL! Trust me. I do understand.
    There are a couple ways the threads can be done in production. One way is for them to be masked during the anodizing process. The second way is to have them go back to the machinist after anodizing and have them cut a second time. The former is far from perfect. The later is more time (especially with our machinist).

    Ill take the not quite perfect option over the Henry two weeks option any day!! And thanks for the explanation!

  13. #373
    Flashaholic* Gaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Garden City, MI
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Christmas present is purchased. Oh yeah! So to bring the "pistol to rifle" idea here, I bought the HDS rifle. After 9 years of owning a HDS I've become hella spoiled. Very excited to pair this engine to my 18650 tube and put my high CRI back to cr123 tube.

    I'll be honest, I really wanted the 300 warm but it was gone just before I ordered, hah. Though, I have no regrets.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

  14. #374
    Flashaholic* Gaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Garden City, MI
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Just blasted through rest of this thread and I'm surprised at all white wall shots and less outdoor shots.

    Hogo, this emitter has been around for awhile even though it's "limited". You have a lot of these left? Just curious.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

  15. #375

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffle View Post
    Just blasted through rest of this thread and I'm surprised at all white wall shots and less outdoor shots.

    Hogo, this emitter has been around for awhile even though it's "limited". You have a lot of these left? Just curious.
    I bought about twice as many as these as I generally pick up for limited hiCRI options. I got some sideways looks from Henry... but I think this is a really good option to have for awhile... and we could actually get the bin code we wanted.

    Edit: I would still say all the HDS lights are still pistols... though this one might be a .357 instead of .45 ACP.
    Last edited by Hogokansatsukan; 11-20-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  16. #376
    usdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In the Sticks
    Posts
    1,866

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Well you know how demanding I am and I admit that I m impressed with the NLT. High noon and the NLT those are the best 2 in my opinion but it IS just my opinion
    Donít Tread On Me

  17. #377
    Flashaholic* Gaffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Garden City, MI
    Posts
    548

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Edit: I would still say all the HDS lights are still pistols... though this one might be a .357 instead of .45 ACP.
    Hah

    I look forward to flashing this around. I find it impressive when I'm in northern MI at night and the 100lm nichia lights up, packs a punch at a useable distance. Look forward to outdoor beam shots for real comparison.

    Only thing that brings me back to CPF is HDS. I'm spoiled...no shame.
    "When Armageddon comes, it would be good to be an Olympic athlete, because running real fast and jumping over stuff could come in handy." -Jack Handey

  18. #378

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    I was initially hesitant to purchase this because I already had a 325 XP-L. I am very glad I did decide to try this one, because I like it much better and it has become my edc.
    What do you think about the tint difference between the XP-L and the G3? I'm debating which one to get
    Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you

  19. #379
    Enlightened TomK85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBoys View Post
    What do you think about the tint difference between the XP-L and the G3? I'm debating which one to get
    For me personally, the G3 has more contrast. Had the regular 325 briefly but like the NLT more. Little less floody

  20. #380

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Anyone here have an ElZetta? How does the tint of the 325 Throw compare to an ElZetta? If the 325 pee yellow I'm gonna cry
    Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you

  21. #381
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    585

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBoys View Post
    Anyone here have an ElZetta? How does the tint of the 325 Throw compare to an ElZetta? If the 325 pee yellow I'm gonna cry
    I own the current Elzetta Alpha and the previous one. The new one is too yellow for my taste. (The older is whiter.)
    I'm also considering the 325 NLT and would love to hear how that tint compares with the yellowish Elzetta.
    Oveready Boss 35 & 70; Quark MKIII QK16L; LensLight Mini; HDS Rotary 325 4K, Clicky 325 XP-L and Nichia 219 140; ZebraLight SC 600 MK III HI, SC600W, SC62W, SC60W, SC52W, SC51C, SC5W; EagleTac NW D25LC2 Tactical, NW D25LC2, NW D25A, NW D25C, DX30LC2 Clicky, DX3B Mini; Nitecore D10R2; Elzetta Alpha; Reylight Ti

  22. #382

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Elsette mixes better color. NLT has a very similar hot spot in color, but the spill is more violet.

    With a good diffuser, this is not so noticeable.

    I would also like to ask something, what can these 2 digits mean, more precisely, I understand that these are nanometers of green and red colors, but why are they written on the board?



  23. #383

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by hatman View Post
    I own the current Elzetta Alpha and the previous one. The new one is too yellow for my taste. (The older is whiter.)
    I'm also considering the 325 NLT and would love to hear how that tint compares with the yellowish Elzetta.
    The new one is definitely yellowish. I don't really care for it. The Bravo is kinda rosy and I LOVE it. It's such a nice tint. If the HDS is anything like that, I can't see myself getting another light for a long time
    Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you

  24. #384
    Flashaholic* INFRNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bottom Of Pikes Peak
    Posts
    2,930

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    I recently passed along my NLT but from memory it won't be like an AVS. 3 o'clock or high noon, maybe sw45k would be more similar to AVS. NLT has a yellow tint being xp-g3 but I don't recall it being pee yellow. It was a nice light. i have also owned Elzetta previously and just passed along my alpha 315. It had a very nice tint. I think AVS is very neutral/white. NLT I would say is a nice neutral with a hint of yellow. I thought it was a really nice light for a non hicri offering.

  25. #385
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Land of the rising sun
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJlew85 View Post
    I just received a high noon and the threads are just like the photo above... I bought it second hand and wasn't sure what happened. It is the only one of the hds lights I have ever seen like this and I have bought and sold many. I took some sand paper to it and immediately noticed the coating is much harder than I thought... It doesn't sand off as easy as I thought it would. Maybe I need more elbow grease...
    I'll add here, that both my HDS clickies (purchased new and direct from HDS Systems in early 2018 & early 2019) are both like the photo, i.e. have anodizing on the outer threads (both end of the body)... and FWIW I never once considered using sandpaper to get rid of it as the threads will eventually wear anyway after many many battery changes. I just guessed that the threads were cut after the anodizing process.

  26. #386

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
    I'll add here, that both my HDS clickies (purchased new and direct from HDS Systems in early 2018 & early 2019) are both like the photo, i.e. have anodizing on the outer threads (both end of the body)... and FWIW I never once considered using sandpaper to get rid of it as the threads will eventually wear anyway after many many battery changes. I just guessed that the threads were cut after the anodizing process.
    I didnít sand off the anodizing on the threads entirely. Itís too hard ha. I just simply smoothed it out a bit. I didnít want to wait for 100 battery changes for it to wear in. Especially with the long HDS runtimes. Hogo said it was a bad idea and I have not / will not do it on any others. I currently only have 2 out of my 9 lights that are like this.

  27. #387
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of Europe
    Posts
    1,083

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by desert.snake View Post
    I would also like to ask something, what can these 2 digits mean, more precisely, I understand that these are nanometers of green and red colors, but why are they written on the board?
    Guess you are completely wrong, it is no nanometers with green or red, it is written unclear
    The NLT is Cree XP-G3, 3D, S5.
    On the Picture you see "635 530". But it is "G3S 53D".

    Next time Hogo or Henry must try to do it with better handwriting.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

  28. #388

    Default Re: HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Guess you are completely wrong, it is no nanometers with green or red, it is written unclear
    The NLT is Cree XP-G3, 3D, S5.
    On the Picture you see "635 530". But it is "G3S 53D".

    Next time Hogo or Henry must try to do it with better handwriting.
    Thank you! It seems that I am obsessed with lasers, these values nm are used there

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •