HDS 325 Lumen longer throw offering...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS is now offering a 325 lumen thrower. Yep. If you want an HDS light with more throw than what has been offered in the past, you are in luck. Previously your choice was the 325 XP-L or the 250 XP-G2. While both of these have the same amount of throw the 325 XP-L has a wider beam pattern. Now you get the narrower 250 XP-G2 beam, but with 75 more lumens to push further out.

What is it? It is an XP-G3 with a very special bin code. No, it is not an XP-G3 that is found in cheap-*** lights that is a puke green color. Just look at the sphere data below and you can see that it falls on the Black Body Radiator line. If you see green in this beam, you need to see an optometrist. These were not easy emitters to source. The color temperature, as you can see in the sphere data is right at 5000k. Not cool. Not warm.
These are a limited offering.

Ready… set… GO! HDS Systems Custom Page

Welcome to 2019!

Beam shots coming later this evening or early tomorrow morning.

xp-g3.png

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the cri like?

CRI is around 71. That should be in the description on the HDS web sight. 1 CRI less than the 250.

Comparison white wall beam shot crossing the beams.

Left is the 325 5000k longer throw, right is the 250 6200k.

img-2929.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Now your talking! Haven't bought a new HDS in awhile but this I want.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Yikes,
Mi receipt's light description doesn't show NLT for neutral long throw. I hope I ordered correctly.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo how's this compared to the much wanted r9080? Cri info and computer data not necessary but for the eyes in say the city or forest in the dark with no other light? Nice tint, pleasant? Thanks for the heads up.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo how's this compared to the much wanted r9080? Cri info and computer data not necessary but for the eyes in say the city or forest in the dark with no other light? Nice tint, pleasant? Thanks for the heads up.

I think the tint is quite pleasant but tint is highly subjective. I haven't had much time to play with it at all, but so far, I quite like it. Does seem to push out a little further than the 250, but right now I'm not at a place to really test it like I want (middle of the desert at night). I should have more of a chance in the next week or so to take it on "walkabout".

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogo
Cool deal I ll look forward to a report cause I m definitely interested in it. I m currently looking for a R9080 sw45 and though it's hi cri I d love to hear that 325 is a better performer than the 9080... plus i know the 71 vs 93 approximately may be a huge difference on the sphere but can we see the difference with our eyes and which in your opinion would you recommend to be the better and most useful of the 2?