Roithner has UFO LED's? UV one 350ma !!!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roithner has UFO LED\'s? UV one 350ma !!!

Seems Roithner-Lasertechnik has what appears to be the UFO LED's. Several interesting differences though.

1) The domes seem to be taller like 8mm/10mm LED's.
2) They have a 35mm UFO with 3 of the leds on it. There even exsists a RGB one, but they don't offer it.
3) They offer a range of IR ones.
4) They offer a UV 395nm UFO!!
They don't list the output in mW though. But UFO's are like a weak luxeon, so it will still have a bunch of output I bet. These might *rock* for a UV flashlight.

Anyone know any more info, price, etc? A group buy might be in order after we find out more! I bet they would sell fast!

Click here for the page I'm talking about.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Roithner has UFO LED\'s? UV one 350ma !!!

Yea, where are the prices? They have a lot of interesting accessories, heatsinks, optics, etc.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool thanks, $7.15 not bad. Also those optics w/holder are only like 5bucks..

The smaller "UFO"'s are 20mm, the tri one is 35mm. Would you be able to fit 3 of the 20mm ones in a mag? what about 4 of them? If not go with the tri one... Also, I bet optics would work with these, can you imagine a 3D or 4D mag with 4
of these UV ones with optics on them? Would be a killer UV light!!! Would this be more powerfull than those huge 20LED UV cluster drop ins for a mag? I know it would pull more juice...

So who's gonna be the first to try the UV UFO and the Optics out??

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

FWIW, these fit perfectly into a KL1. The white ones are so dim compared to luxeons that they aren't worth it, but since luxeons don't come in IR or UV, this may be the ticket. They do pretty well with NX-05 optics, but don't work well at all with the fraen LP.

BTW, do NOT overdrive these UFOs. I killed one driving it at 400ma.