Imalent        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Default Re: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Can this be done with the big shot or do you need a larger butane torche?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Can this be done with the big shot or do you need a larger butane torche?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Big Shot is a great torch. Its kind of powerful so a GB2001 is also needed for smaller items to better control heat.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Does the E07 tell you when battery is low in any way?

Yes the aux leds on the head will change from their normal color to faint red. If your light has red aux leds, it will change to a faint different color.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Yes the aux leds on the head will change from their normal color to faint red. If your light has red aux leds, it will change to a faint different color.
    Thank you

Anyone in UK have one of these for sale in XPL 5000k or 6500k?

I just wanted to say that I've been so pleased with the design and performance of the E07. Having read through the entire BLF thread, a big part of that satisfaction has been due to the Vinh-ification factor. It's neat that we have a light that begins with good design and is then made better. My first E07 from Skylumen was a grey (looks chocolate to me) aluminum with HI 5000's that reads 6750L at turn on in my conservative light tube. For example, a SC600 Mk III NW reads 1025L in the same tube. I'm so pleased with the beam shape, color, UI and runtime, that I'm dedicating that one to a mountain biking helmet. It can run between 1500-2000L continuously, while only getting medium warm.

I recently ordered a Ti/Copper with 4 x HI 5000's and 3 x W2's (just to increase the throw a bit) for short desert hikes and walks around the neighborhood. I haven't received it yet but I'm sure I'll enjoy it at least as much as my first one. In the future, I think it's going to be hard to improve on the basic design of E07 as a "do everything" 21700 light. I hardly ever us my D4's or D1 since getting the E07 because it just does everything a little bit better without getting as hot, at the same output levels. I'm even considering a high CRI version as a photography light.

Fireflies told me they will soon offer a 20degree optic version. They said the current one is 45 degrees. Doesn't look that wide to me though. They said the new optic throws much better than the current one. I'm thinking if it doubles the throw, we might get 140kcd with W1 or W2, which would be incredible for such a small form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Fireflies told me they will soon offer a 20degree optic version. They said the current one is 45 degrees. Doesn't look that wide to me though. They said the new optic throws much better than the current one. I'm thinking if it doubles the throw, we might get 140kcd with W1 or W2, which would be incredible for such a small form factor.

Thank you for this! If that happens, I will very likely porchase one fully throwed out version from Vinh! And I hope it does because I’ve come close to buying this light but I’m not sold yet. Throw optics? Sold!

Intriguing for sure at that 37mm head size. I just don't think it's the case that dividing the optic angle in half results in twice the throw but I don't know what the formula is to figure that out either. Also, I'm not sure how the stated optic angle translates to various LEDs in practice since my E07 certainly doesn't project a 45° beam angle. It measures closer to 19-21° with XPL HI's. We see that it is possible for a D18vn to reach 173Kcd, with 18 W1's but they're also larger individual optics stacked into a 58mm head. Another reason to be skeptical of 140Kcd multi-emmiter E07 is the GTvn Micro with 36mm head, reaching 140Kcd with single W1. Still, I'd love to know what's possible with the E07 with a different optic and future LEDs. Isn't there a newer version of the W1 out?

A couple of questions for Vinh or anyone else who knows.

1) What's the bezel material on the Aluminum version?

2) What brightness level do you set the aux LEDs to on a typical build?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    A couple of questions for Vinh or anyone else who knows.

1) What's the bezel material on the Aluminum version ? Stainless

2) What brightness level do you set the aux LEDs to on a typical build? As stock unless requested to dim down or turn up.

Thanks in advance!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Someone on the other forum posted a link to a potential 10degree version of the optic. I wonder how these angles are rated. With which LED do they use to rate these angles.

Someone on the other forum posted a link to a potential 10degree version of the optic. I wonder how these angles are rated. With which LED do they use to rate these angles.
    If this thing can put out more throw than the D18vn with 10 degree optics and W1.1... take. My. MONEY!!: haha. I love optic throwers! The even large flat intense beam is so useful!

Boost HL footprint is too large for these multi-optics throwers. You need to use smaller LEDs.

I emailed Jacky to see about procuring some of these '20 degree optics' he is starting to ship with E07s.

Also I think I only posted it at blf, but I bought some UCL waterwhite lenses for my two E07, and they are more clear than stock. The effect is like applying a Lee minus 8th green filter, but without the light loss. The lens is a little thicker, so bezel doesn't screw down 100%, maybe like 90%.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 08-12-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    I emailed Jacky to see about procuring some of these '20 degree optics' he is starting to ship with E07s.

I'll be eager to see what the practical difference is. I certainly suspect we'll see an increase in throw, but probably far less than doubling the 70kcd figure. I know there's a formula out there for predicting lux numbers when changing beam angles but I don't know where I've seen it before. It's one of those things that optical engineers always know how to do or at least know hot to find the info. I've struck out.

Would love to try the narrow optics with my E07vn W1. I checked mine and the optics are not glued so it should be an easy swap I would presume.

Will you be getting these optics Vinh? And should they be compatible with your W1 mod?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Regarding the bezel material and aux LEDs, Very helpful, Thanks Vinh.
    Last edited by Patriot; 08-13-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Very helpful, thanks Vinh.

I guess I don't know how to delete a double post....
    Last edited by Patriot; 08-13-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Cu/Ti, polished, HC, 4 x XPL HI 5000 V4, 3 x W2s (through center). Picked up some quite noticeable throw without loosing all of my favorite HI 5000 tint.

The other E07 is the gray finish, not black, 7 x XPL HI 5000.

Absolutely beautiful work Vinh!
    Last edited by Patriot; 08-22-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Cu/Ti, polished, HC, 4 x XPL HI 5000 V4, 3 x W2s (through center). Picked up some quite noticeable throw without loosing all of my favorite HI 5000 tint.

The other E07 is the gray finish, not black, 7 x XPL HI 5000.

Absolutely beautiful work Vinh!
    Love the pics!!!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I can't believe how bright you do the HC. Even on the grey version's SS bezel it's a deep purple.

The first E07 has been zip tied to my mountain biking helmet. I run it at a level that depletes about 2/3 the capacity on a typical 90 minute ride. What a great beam and UI for this purpose!

Thanks for such a great couple of lights, Vinh!

I am building a 100% copper version for myself soon. I will show it off when i am done.

Anyone want a E07 copper bezel email me. I ordered a few extra.

I can't believe how bright you do the HC. Even on the grey version's SS bezel it's a deep purple.

The first E07 has been zip tied to my mountain biking helmet. I run it at a level that depletes about 2/3 the capacity on a typical 90 minute ride. What a great beam and UI for this purpose!

Thanks for such a great couple of lights, Vinh!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I am building a 100% copper version for myself soon. I will show it off when i am done.

Anyone want a E07 copper bezel email me. I ordered a few extra.
    I can only imagine what LED combination you'll be cooking up. I'm guessing some high CRI combo, mule because I think you like them.

I love combinations of different build materials and electronics. That's why the ti/cu version, mixed LEDs appeals to me as well as other lights, like that EC20 mule that you built a while back. Even that ti/nickle worm you've got on your site, very neat in a simple way.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456