Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Default Re: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Vinh could you post the stock lm/throw as well? It'd be interesting to compare with the W[12] values.

Quote Originally Posted by cclight View Post
    Vinh could you post the stock lm/throw as well? It'd be interesting to compare with the W[12] values.
    I can but I order them with no LEDs now.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

What is the recommended cell for the W1 and W2? Can I use the 30T I have on hand?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    FF claimed no E07 LEDs have died from heat yet.
    OK, we have what might be the first fatality:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/...omment-1445218
    ADDED:
    Later FF chimed in and said it was due to excessive current of 30T and not because of heat.
    Last edited by Agpp; 01-16-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Agpp View Post
    OK, we have what might be the first fatality:
    http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/...omment-1445218
    Based on my experience with my first E07 ordered directly from FireFlies, issues others have had, and this possible "fatality", if my next in queue E07 were not coming from Vinh I'd have cancelled any outstanding orders for this light already.

It really seems like quite the shit-storm of design/execution/QC, and good luck in getting a response from FireFlies when you have an issue: I'm days away from doing my PayPal dispute, I've given them enough time I think.

I'm glad to know one ordered from Vinh will be gone through and it will be as right as it can be made.

Additional note:
    Later FF chimed in and said it was due to excessive current of 30T and not because of heat.

Vinh,The guys at the other forum have been mentioning the lack of paste on the E07s too.

They are adding more and beveling the star to fit flat on the shelf. Just wanted to pass that on.

Also, can we use 30T on the W1 AND W2?

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Vinh,The guys at the other forum have been mentioning the lack of paste on the E07s too.

They are adding more and beveling the star to fit flat on the shelf. Just wanted to pass that on.

Also, can we use 30T on the W1 AND W2?
    W1 No W2 Likely No. I have Samsung 50E coming. I want to try this cell to be safe first. I will report.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

It's a rule that the thinner the paste the better, but looks as though this layer is so thin, and the metal surfaces not flat enough, that there isn't contact between the paste and the metal, causing for an air gap. In that case, thicker or more paste would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    W1 No W2 Likely No. I have Samsung 50E coming. I want to try this cell to be safe first. I will report.
    Nice! Yea I was looking to purchase some 40t and 50e and noticed your store didn’t carry any.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedraven View Post
    Thinner the paste the better.

Best for me, the XPL is pushing 7000+ Lumens for 15 seconds, the head gets to a 29c and the handle is 22c! I can whack it back up if need be. If you need to sustain 7000 lumens for longer buy an X70.
    X70, MS12, MF04, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, MT09R, DT70, D18, MF01, E07, D4S - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Fireflies rumored to start making copper/ti E07s later next month. Hopefully they can get most of their issues squared away with the light by then.

Fireflies rumored to start making copper/ti E07s later next month. Hopefully they can get most of their issues squared away with the light by then.
    Ooooo interesting!
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Link to that?

It's from Freeme himself in his E07 group buy thread on BLF. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link or not.

Looks like a few members have figured out fixes, problems come down to 3 areas:

1) Fake 40Ts included with the light with much higher initial output than you expect
    2) Poorly designed board that doesn't make solid contact with the head, members are shaving it down for heat transfer
    3) No thermal paste at all

Combined, people are damaging their LEDs. Great idea for a light, poor execution. Here I hope Vinh comes to the rescue something these issues out.

Vinh, have you heard clicking sounds on the stock lights? What could it be?
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Is the clicking coming from the head of the light? Could be the optics expanding while being heated up. Try loosening the bezel slightly to give it more room to expand.

Any update on the larger, throwier optics for this light Vinh?

Unenlightened

Is the clicking coming from the head of the light?
    There's two kinds of clicking sounds I can hear from my two E07
    A loud one that is most probably due to thermal dilatation.
    Another, softer clicking sound that is certainly NOT due to thermal effects since I can hear it just by screwing the tailcap in without even turning on the light. If I unscrew the tailcap the clicking sound doesn't stop immediately, I need to unscrew it completely or remove the battery. I don't like this at all, this is the first light that I feel safer keeping without a battery on, and that's a shame.

Vinh, are you still awaiting the clear anodized stock to come in on these?

Quote Originally Posted by ysgramor View Post
    There's two kinds of clicking sounds I can hear from my two E07
    A loud one that is most probably due to thermal dilatation.
    Another, softer clicking sound that is certainly NOT due to thermal effects since I can hear it just by screwing the tailcap in without even turning on the light. If I unscrew the tailcap the clicking sound doesn't stop immediately, I need to unscrew it completely or remove the battery. I don't like this at all, this is the first light that I feel safer keeping without a battery on, and that's a shame.
    Agreed. May have vinh take a look at mine

Some observations on the E07:

1) Fantastic design and parts quality. Factory assembly could use improvement.

2) ALL E07s shipped with thermal paste on the shelf under the star. None of them shipped with no thermal paste. However, the paste used was in such a thin layer and the star had so little tolerance at the edges of the pill, the result was the bottom of the star wasn't actually touching the thermal paste. There is an air gap. Fireflies is reportedly fixing this in its latest production run by using a thicker layer of paste. I am not concerned about this being an issue for Vinh lights since he is ordering his without emitters installed and will use an appropriate amount of paste when he installs the stars.

3) The periodic clicking sound seems to be caused by thermal expansion somewhere in the head. Possibly by air expanding underneath the star, or by the head being snugged down too tight. Not all E07s click, and ones that have the star fixed do not click. Since Vinh is instaling the emitter and star himself I don't expect there to be any clicking.

I have two E07s, which I purchased from Fireflies website. One of them (yellow) arrived with clicking sounds. The other (clear) never clicked. I fixed the thermal paste issue on the bottom of the stars and now neither light makes any random clicking sounds.

The E07 is a great light. It's the brightest available light in its semi-pocketable size class, unless you want to spend 4x as much for a Nitecore TM10K. And the TM10k only comes in cool white and is bigger. Plus the E07 just looks cool with the lighted bezel and tailcap. A must-have for any flashaholic.

Given the quality-control issues Fireflies has experienced with assembly, it is wise to purchase the E07 directly from Vinh rather than through Fireflies. Especially so if you are not a modder and are not comfortable opening up the light and soldering small parts. Ordering through Vinh gives you an additional layer of QA to make sure everything is in order.
    Last edited by Fireclaw18; 01-28-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Some observations on the E07:

1) Fantastic design and parts quality. Factory assembly could use improvement.

2) ALL E07s shipped with thermal paste on the shelf under the star. None of them shipped with no thermal paste. However, the paste used was in such a thin layer and the star had so little tolerance at the edges of the pill, the result was the bottom of the star wasn't actually touching the thermal paste. There is an air gap. Fireflies is reportedly fixing this in its latest production run by using a thicker layer of paste. I am not concerned about this being an issue for Vinh lights since he is ordering his without emitters installed and will use an appropriate amount of paste when he installs the stars.

3) The periodic clicking sound seems to be caused by thermal expansion somewhere in the head. Possibly by air expanding underneath the star, or by the head being snugged down too tight. Not all E07s click, and ones that have the star fixed do not click. Since Vinh is instaling the emitter and star himself I don't expect there to be any clicking.

I have two E07s, which I purchased from Fireflies website. One of them (yellow) arrived with clicking sounds. The other (clear) never clicked. I fixed the thermal paste issue on the bottom of the stars and now neither light makes any random clicking sounds.

The E07 is a great light. It's the brightest available light in its semi-pocketable size class, unless you want to spend 4x as much for a Nitecore TM10K. And the TM10k only comes in cool white and is bigger. Plus the E07 just looks cool with the lighted bezel and tailcap. A must-have for any flashaholic.

Given the quality-control issues Fireflies has experienced with assembly, it is wise to purchase the E07 directly from Vinh rather than through Fireflies. Especially so if you are not a modder and are not comfortable opening up the light and soldering small parts. Ordering through Vinh gives you an additional layer of QA to make sure everything is in order.
    Flashtastic post bro, this alone made me consider purchasing an E07 from a Vinh, and I didn’t think much of it in the past. Thank you for your observances and recommendations!

“Brightest available light in its semi-pocketable size class unless you want to spend 4x more for insignificant alternatives.”

Yes... yes. Tell me more. Haha

Vinh, are your mods to this light generally to give it more throw than the stock light? I don't see a "throw" figure on the manufacturers page. I see your "White1" is at 4700L while the stock light is at a claimed 6900. Are you using a different LED and/or optic. Just trying to get a feel for your intentions for the mod.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

The white1 and white2 are osram emitters. They have very tiny die sizes, which will result in more throw and less output compared to larger emitters like XPL. Optics remain the same, but Vinh did order some larger optics, and hopefully they fit nicely in the E07 for even more throw.

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Vinh, are your mods to this light generally to give it more throw than the stock light? I don't see a "throw" figure on the manufacturers page. I see your "White1" is at 4700L while the stock light is at a claimed 6900. Are you using a different LED and/or optic. Just trying to get a feel for your intentions for the mod.
    i got 28kcd with my xpl hi stock light.
    Vn version is much better imo. Really looking forward to seeing flat 2 numbers!

OK then my thought that the goal is for more throw appears to be correct. Being a Short Arc guy, I'm familiar with the size of the point source of light and it's effect on throw and the usual reduction in Lumens produced as the arc gap or LED die size gets smaller. HIgher intensity, less Lumens. All other factors remaining constant, the smaller the point of light source, the better throw. I'm definitely interested in getting one but would like to see the result of the larger optic.
    WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

Samsung 50E confirm to work good with Eo7vn Whites
    W1 Turn ON was 5000L
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I will wait for copper E07 to be available for max heat dissipation.

I will wait for copper E07 to be available for max heat dissipation.
    Will it be all copper?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast