Malkoff        
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Default Re: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

FF confirmed that tail cap is full copper not SS coated copper
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    The new switch is the raised switch and I think FF trashed the idea unless people specially wanted it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I'm glad that FF dumped a raised switch. I'm not really sure who that sort of thing would appeal too.

Vinh, that HC Ti version is a really nice looking light! Tons of character!

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    FF confirmed that tail cap is full copper not SS coated copper
    That's great! I wonder if my tailcap has coating though, it just seems to be slightly different color. Ah well only time will tell. I don't want to force patina I'll let it run its course naturally.

Vinh built me a Gray / HC bezel, HI 5000. Spec card reads 5380L and 35Kcd. This LED option isn't listed on his site so I just wanted to let others know what they might expect with this combo.

The color and beam shape are very pleasing and perfect for the role of handheld, hiking light, while augmenting a headlamp. I come across rattlesnakes on a regular basis and have to be able to see them clearly while stepping through the hay colored desert grasses and underbrush. The UI is great for quickly going to turbo and then right back to previous mode. Previously I had used a D4vn Samsung 351 HCRI. The colors were good but even using it at moderate output levels, it just didn't have enough mass and ran warmer that ideal. Running at similar output levels, the E07 barely gets warm.

Thanks for the great light, Vinh!

Flashaholic*

XPL HI 5000k ?

Think i viewed that combo on Vinhs site as well on FF site, with plain SS bezel of course

Correction; I see XPL HI not offered in Al (only in Ti Cu) maybe ran out..

Are u running a high drain cell with XPL 5000k NW emitters?
    Last edited by knucklegary; 07-13-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    XPL HI 5000k ?

Think i viewed that combo on Vinhs site as well on FF site, with plain SS bezel of course

Correction; I see XPL HI not offered in Al (only in Ti Cu) maybe ran out..

Are u running a high drain cell with XPL 5000k NW emitters?
    Yeah, Vinh put some nice, bright V4's in there for me so the output remains solid and I still have the color I wanted. So far, I've only used the 21700 Samsung 50E. Also I believe Vinh's instructions are to only use that cell but perhaps that's specific to the W1/W2 or perhaps it's a cell length issue.

Flashaholic*

When you go to Turbo the 50E 9.8A may fall fast on face. Try Samsung 40T 30A should keep the volts up better on higher levels with XPL.. But 40T will burn out Osram emitters

The polished copper is so pure I don't even want to touch the light. Ice blue goes sooo well with the polished copper. 4 3000k + 3 4000k SST20 plus Lee 805 looks great! 804 would have probably been too rosy.

Flashaholic*

Looks great👌

Most E07vn will ship tomorrow
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Vinh should get some SST20 4000K FD2 tint bins for modding. I tested the ones in the FW3A and it looks so much better than tbe FB4 greenish bin.

I really cant understand why this light doesn’t impress me, but it just doesn’t pull any strings for me. Vinh calls it the dream light, very popular light amongst the crowds, and its in all colors and materials, the price isn’t crazy, and it has aux LEDs... 21700 is cool. Everything is nice, but it doesn’t scream BUY ME! I cant quite figure it out. Maybe this size is one that I feel it competes with too many higher output, better throwing lights? But I use size more loosely than some of you, as I consider this “winter jacket carry.” Am I wrong?

What is preferred about this to the Emisar D4S In W1/W2, or the Nitecore C2vn, or Mankiewicz U22vn? Something draws me to each of those lights, moreso than this E07.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    I really cant understand why this light doesn’t impress me, but it just doesn’t pull any strings for me. Vinh calls it the dream light, very popular light amongst the crowds, and its in all colors and materials, the price isn’t crazy, and it has aux LEDs... 21700 is cool. Everything is nice, but it doesn’t scream BUY ME! I cant quite figure it out. Maybe this size is one that I feel it competes with too many higher output, better throwing lights? But I use size more loosely than some of you, as I consider this “winter jacket carry.” Am I wrong?

What is preferred about this to the Emisar D4S In W1/W2, or the Nitecore C2vn, or Mankiewicz U22vn? Something draws me to each of those lights, moreso than this E07.
    Not many light impresses u so far...I think the problem is you dont enjoy a light for its merits as an enthusiasts would...may be a tiny dose of optimism could help. I do not mean to offend so please take it lightly.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I think the only thing that impresses you is a 250 lumen Energizer light. Different strokes for different folks.

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Not many light impresses u so far...I think the problem is you dont enjoy a light for its merits as an enthusiasts would...may be a tiny dose of optimism could help. I do not mean to offend so please take it lightly.
    No offense taken at all! You’re right, I struggle to see personal interest/value in anything that isn’t leagues ahead of competition in specs/performance, specifically throw and output.

@trailhunter

Oh how I wish I could change this regretful username haha. I bought it from Walmart and thought I was only going to ever post once, maybe three times, but definitely not in multiple threads.

The light might be a little smaller than what you imagine. It can definite fit in a jeans pocket, though I wouldn't go EDC'ing it in one. The D4S I feel just is slightly too bulky for Jeans pocket carry. I too consider the E07 more of a jacket pocket carry type deal, being slightly too large for EDC, but also being put in the same sizing group as small popcans with more mass to heatsink and more battery life and more emitters to output as the likes of ROT66, D18, and Concept2.

It's just something you'd have to hold in your hand to know if it strikes the right balance for you. For some it might be considered a goldilocks size. The beam pattern with SST20 is perfect for my tastes when it comes to trail-walking/hiking and most purposes. The hotspot is broad and defined, but it actually has slightly more usable spill compared to most optics. I was worried the hotspot would lose some definition to it compared to the ROT66, but it doesn't. Other, throwier or floodier lights I wouldn't consider to have such a good general usage beam.

It definitely wasn't a light I was getting until they released it in Cu/Ti versions. It's a host that I feel Cu heatsink is a necessity. Fireflies and BLF did such a good job at designing its heatsink to be very substantial, and having it be Cu just exemplifies its effects.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 07-15-2019 at 12:29 PM.

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is a good-looking warm high-CRI mule. Anyone have any thoughts on SST20 vs 351? Speak quickly, because my fever is pretty severe...

Polished is also a must?!

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Copper tailcap legos with titanium body, but titanium tailcap doesn't lego with copper body

Unless u r lucky

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

That's a neat combo.

Man o man... if they made a brass bezel and brass tailcap on copper .... fml take my money.

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 07-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Same light now with PHC
    Damn that sexy

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Damn that sexy

Air cool gives a bit more vibrant color than water quench
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Dude stop these pictures because I can't find my wallet anymore!

Awesome and beautiful!

No offense taken at all! You’re right, I struggle to see personal interest/value in anything that isn’t leagues ahead of competition in specs/performance, specifically throw and output.

@trailhunter

Oh how I wish I could change this regretful username haha. I bought it from Walmart and thought I was only going to ever post once, maybe three times, but definitely not in multiple threads.
    Really I don't find E07 interesting either.
    And I AM an enthusisast - but this is just not my kind of light. It happens sometimes. And actually not rarely.

I love this light it has it all one of my dream set ups!!
    Awsome job Vinh!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast