NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Flashaholic

Default Re: Fireflies E07vn - Compact 21700 Powerhouse R

Quote Originally Posted by Keitho View Post
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is a good-looking warm high-CRI mule. Anyone have any thoughts on SST20 vs 351? Speak quickly, because my fever is pretty severe...

In a mule? I'd go with a mix but if I had to pick one it would probably be the 351 simply due to output, which mules benefit more from than higher surface brightness. Ultimately, it would probably come down to which bin of those emitters you were looking at, and hope for a more neutral or slightly rosy batch.

Perhaps this could be an excellent ‘around the house’ general purpose light if I just didn’t want to turn on any room ceiling lights and charge the battery every other day. I just don’t have much practical use for flashlights in my life sadly, other than white wall comparisons and firing ma’ láser into the night sky. Stupid office desk work...

Flashaholic

To be fair 250- I think we are ultimately all glad we don't have to use our lovelies most of the time, but it's very nice to know we can

But yeah I feel ya, I carry 3-4 on my person and hardly touch em. Sometimes I can't even tell myself why!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    .... I just don’t have much practical use for flashlights in my life sadly, other than white wall comparisons and firing ma’ láser into the night sky. Stupid office desk work...
    Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    To be fair 250- I think we are ultimately all glad we don't have to use our lovelies most of the time, but it's very nice to know we can

But yeah I feel ya, I carry 3-4 on my person and hardly touch em. Sometimes I can't even tell myself why!
    I can definitely relate. I often wish I had more reasons to use a light, and that once every blue moon occasion I am presented with a situation where light is needed or better yet someone asks "does anyone have a flashlight?" I get really excited. Last time that happened was months ago at a birthday party my daughter was at. The host parents were showing the other parents their barn that was set up for weddings and other events. We all were on the back deck of the barn, and they were describing what the yard behind and below us looked like, as well as a tractor and well that were back there, when I pulled out my GT Microvn and lit up the fairly distant antique tractor and the stone well. They were like "oh, well, there they are!" a few of the dads asked me about the light. I had almost taken my D4Svn with W2's, but was wearing jeans instead of my usual cargo shorts and the lack of a pocket clip makes it annoying sometimes. That definitely would have lit up the yard! I could always move to Alaska, I suppose

I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Ok that is a very nice looking work of art. Good one Vinh! Surely the buyer will be satisfied!!

E07vn Fiat Lux
    One of the best W2 focus beam
    Mirror polished ready for patina
    ;-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Vinh,
    Re: Mule, curious to what you used to (spacer) move board towards bezel?
    Thx..

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Vinh,
    Re: Mule, curious to what you used to (spacer) move board towards bezel?
    Thx..
    2 original spare copper MCPCB. This mean LED sit on 3 layer of copper MCPCB all solder bonded. Excellent heat sinking!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

Heat sinking should be great on that mule!

Btw, instead of blue painters tape try Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer will stop Cu from oxidation. They're inexpensive from online sites

Heat sinking should be great on that mule!

Btw, instead of blue painters tape try Seal-a-Meal vacuum sealer will stop Cu from oxidation. They're inexpensive from online sites
    Oooo thanks for this

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Man, the E07 already has a solid 10mm shelf under the LEDs. That's a huuge chunk of copper to sink it! Sounds great.

Flashaholic*

Yeah, All together 1/2" Cu heat sink. Now I'm considering a E07 mule🐴

Sounds top heavy that's for sure.

The 4000k SST20s I got in my E07 from Fireflies don't seem to be as rosy as the ones that I got early on with my ROT66. Thoe ones in my ROT66 plus an 804 filter over them are even slightly rosy in the lower outputs. The ones in my E07 plus 804 are just 'good', but not f'ing incredible like the ROT66. Man I really shoulda gotten in on that BLF group buy of the rosy binned SST20s when I had the chance.
    Last edited by twistedraven; 07-18-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Come to think of it, I’ve never experienced a mule with over 1200 lumens/múltiple LEDs... whats 5-10k+ lumens of mule like? I do love the mule for around the house usage...

My jewelry is limited to a wedding band and a deep-carry Spyderco Native 5. And in less than 24 hours, an E07vn mule. I don't care if I have to buy new pants with bigger pockets!

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post

Flashaholic*

^ Congrats that mule will def light up a warehouse. I wear my cargo pockets 365 days.. Shorts to long legs, from Fridays out to dinner and Sundays to church. God bless cargo pockets😇

I think you'll enjoy the Mule. I just received a one-off E07vn mule from Vinh with four 4000K SST20's and three 3000K SST20's. My wife likes the clear anodized look, and the AHC bezel with HC clip really make it unique. It's our first mule, and we enjoy it's pleasant tint, room filling flood, and the Anduril candle and lightning modes are both complemented by these properties.

Mule r the best for nightstand ceiling bounce too! The only time where cool white in us acceptable for me.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

What leds are the highest lumens from you in this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sal415 View Post
    What leds are the highest lumens from you in this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Candlepowerforums mobile app
    XPL Hi 5000K V4 bin
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Vinh's E07 page suggests XPL HI 5000K: Turn ON - 6900L, 40Kcd. My Hi 5000K V4 Spec card reads 5380L, 35Kcd @ 30s, so this gives an idea of how quickly the output drops. The output is quite impressive for its size.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    I really cant understand why this light doesn’t impress me, but it just doesn’t pull any strings for me. Vinh calls it the dream light, very popular light amongst the crowds, and its in all colors and materials, the price isn’t crazy, and it has aux LEDs... 21700 is cool. Everything is nice, but it doesn’t scream BUY ME! I cant quite figure it out. Maybe this size is one that I feel it competes with too many higher output, better throwing lights? But I use size more loosely than some of you, as I consider this “winter jacket carry.” Am I wrong?
    I'm just guessing but it sounds like you have the impression that the E07 is larger than it actually is. Think of it as a 21700 D4 with double the output. All of the lights you mentioned are substantially larger.

CU TI is back in stock. Pendings orders will be shipped shortly :-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Do you have any copper bezels I can buy? Hank never came through on my order.

TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

Quote Originally Posted by trailhunter View Post
    Do you have any copper bezels I can buy? Hank never came through on my order.

No but I am sure he will send you one. I might grab a few just to see a all copper look.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I really got the heat control down. Also rapid air cool locks the vibrant colors :-)

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic*

So the colors won't rub off with normal handling?
    It is a pretty E07, nice job Vinh!

So the colors won't rub off with normal handling?
    It is a pretty E07, nice job Vinh!
    Color seem to stay unless you get abrasive with it. Micro fiber towel and windex bring back the vibrant colors from normal handling. Its definitely not tough like anodization but if you baby your lights it stays for a long time.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    I really got the heat control down. Also rapid air cool locks the vibrant colors :-)

HOT DAYUM

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast