Pistol Grip Spotlights

Bert Reynolds

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has experience with any pistol grip spot lights. I had always used a Q Beam that I plugged into the cigarette lighter but its time for a new one. We mainly use it for dispatching varmints and pest animals so it would be great if it had a red filter also. I have looked up some on the web, but I am looking for people that have used them before. It does not need to be one that plugs in like my old Q Beam. I actually would prefer a rechargeable to battery operated on since a lot of our hunting is on foot now and not from the pickup/atv.

Thanks,
Jb

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I was always partial to this Unity spotlight. Uses the incan or later halogen bulbs. I've been seeing them show up on ebay a lot. Plug in one of the new Unity led bulbs, it would be pretty impressive.

221998172651_1.jpg

soundoff-signal-par46-unity-led-spotlight-replacement-1.jpg

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Streamlight Waypoint and it is pretty great I think!
Mine came with a DC Car Cord and takes 4 C cells too.
These are also sold at retail from Bass Pro & Cabelas so you may even be able to get a look at one before buying.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you want red you need to find one with red led, red filters do not work with led nearly as good as with inc bulbs. there isn't much red spectrum in a led to begin with.

there are many rechargeable lights in walmart auto section, just few days ago, i've seen few Stanley searchlights there, but they are all white. you could try a filter with them, but you almost certainly will not like it. one of them had 3 xp leds, if you can, you could replace 1 with red, but it would require different drivers too, and usually if not always those light's charging circuit is on the same board as the driver. so it wont be easy. prbly easier to build one from a scratch.