Single cell AAA flashlight help

yenemy

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a new single AAA cell flashlight, as I've just lost my Lumintop Tool AAA. It was almost the perfect light for me, except for one thing: I always wished the mode order was Low-Medium-High instead of Medium-Low-High; and if it had a moonlight mode that would be ideal too.

So far the Eagletac D25AAA comes closest to my requirements; it only lacks a reversible clip for hat brim attachment. I'll list all my "wish list" items at the end of this, but first, does anyone know whether it's possible to get or make a reversible or bidirectional clip for the Eagletac?

Wish list:
- Single AAA cell
- reversible pocket clip
- Twisty
- Able to tail-stand
- (Moon)-Low-Med-Hi mode order
- magnetic tail cap
- (icing on the cake) compatible with both alky/nimh and Li-Ion
- Nichia/neutral light options would be nice too

The other option would be to try to mod a Lumintop tool AAA to make my own, but I have little to no idea how to start with that even though I've been reading what posts I can. If anyone has some tips there, I'd be grateful too!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Reylight mini nichia 219.
Low med high. It's copper so it's got a little wight to it. Also it has a slot for tritium.
It does have reversible clip it does not have a magnetic cap.
But meets most of the requirements.
I got mine on Amazon

Last edited:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another AAA light that got my attention
Jet beam jet U.
Twisty with mode memory.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Massdrop is offering an aluminum AAA flashlight that uses L-M-H. It is essentially the same as the Tool but uses an electronic switch similar the titanium Tool that allows it to tailstand.I really like the switch so far but I have read about some issues with efficiency and reliability. The regular clicky from my Tool swaps out with the Massdrop light so there is a replacement option should the original switch fail.

You do have to sign up with Massdrop and the light is $25 but there are several color options and the choice of a nichia 219 or cree.The AAA light has been offered daily for a while so it should be available.(Massdrop does limited run buys,you can check their site for more info.) I have done a couple of orders through them and no issues so far.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my D25aaa but the clip is the weak point for sure.
Mine have each been or worked themselves loose somehow and wiggle around all the time,I am sure I could glue it in place but it is not that huge a deal for me at all.
The light os great otherwise and seems to have pretty extreme runtime too,mine are all 219 too.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a similar light, except clicky, not twisty.

It only seems logical to me that light weight 1AAA lights would have a clip orientation to facilitate hat brim mounting.

My current 1AAA light with a fabulous 2-way clip weighs only 30g with battery, but I don't like the UI. Nonetheless, I've been carrying it for two years, because I haven't found a more preferable light to replace it.

Burgess

Flashaholic
And just how much longer
do we hafta' WAIT, for the
new Fenix replacement of their E01 ? ? ?

:whistle:
_

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like an updated Fenix E05. Update to a glass optic (instead of the plastic that gets scratched). Or offer both a reflector and optic version. The modes are well spaced for a general edc light.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have an older Lumintop Tool AAA. Two mode 1.5/70 lumens I believe and I love this thing. The low is great for nighttime bathroom breaks and high is crazy bright for a small light. It out throws my Fenix e05

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
And just how much longer
do we hafta' WAIT, for the
new Fenix replacement of their E01 ? ? ?

:whistle:
_

Look into the sofirn c01. 2 way clip, magnet and trit slots in the tail, 3200k and 5600k hi cri yuji led options and is supposed to be as bomb proof. The two ive got certaily feel that way. Designed in collaborarion with the other forum (blf) to be an improved e01 and to me it hits the mark. Theres threads about it around here.